C2D E8200, 10-12 Degree Core Temp Different

Have anyone same big temp different on cores?

I have Abit IP35PRO, Water Cooling D-TEK Fusion (also trying with box cooler).

I was trying reset CPU heatsink many times, use three types of paste, changing BIOS of my MB, no effects :-/.

Don't care if overclocked or not. Only if I leave computer on heavy load severals hours, different is about 8 degree, but still very much for me!!

I also try lap CPU (400-800-1200-2000 paper), with no effect.

I'm really starting think about sell CPU and try buy another piece :-/ ...

If I oveclocked to about 3.6GHz (450x8) eith no voltage CPU changing, the first core (more hot) has over 70 degree. Same core has 50 degree without overclocked, in idle.

Thanks for every advice.
6 answers Last reply
More about e8200 degree core temp different
  1. That's why I've been telling people to use speedfan for everyday Wolfdale temp monitoring. core temp & real temp are good for overclocking.
  2. You telling me, that I don't care what core temp is and see only CPU temp ??
  3. You cpu temp diode must be defective. Try Rma'ing it
  4. akhilles said:
    That's why I've been telling people to use speedfan for everyday Wolfdale temp monitoring. core temp & real temp are good for overclocking.

Heh.. Any of those programs are fine, as long as you know the Tjmax, which simply, nobody really knows.

If the Tcase looks about right, I'd go by that temp. As long as its stays below the max load temp for Thermal spec's that Intel does publish.

Although, if the Tcase sensor is screwing up... I'd just RMA it.

But this guy... lapped it.
  5. Yup.. Thats not the smartest thing to do if you may have a defective chip
  6. Well, I will be smarter next time, thx for reply guys.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Water Cooling Core Temp