gigabyte P35-DS3R missing sound

Darkenraja

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
Hey guys,

This problem is really bizarre so just wondering if anyone could shed some light on it. I've desperately tried to fix it and have done some extensive research but nothing solid as of yet. Bare with me as its difficult to explain, but heres the issue:

In many of my games the sound just doesn't 'work' properly. It goes quiet depending on whats going on in the scene. It happens in almost all of my games - especially newer games. In GRID for example, the only sound I can hear are the skids and screeches, unless I go into an area that has reverberation (tunnel or something) then I get full volume and it sounds great, but then as soon as I exit one of these areas then the sound goes back to being barely audible exept for certain sounds. Also, changing to the "side views" increases the audio too.

This so far is the case with almost all of my games except for Call of Duty 2. I have tried every possible cmbination ingame (turning off hardware, changing to software mode, lowering quality etc) nothing seems to work.

Please someone let me know whats going on!

JT