Need advice on a motherboard

HazardousSmoker

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
Hey I need advice on which motherboard I could/should get.

I have two stipulations , well maybe three that it has to support.

1. I currently have an Nvidia chipset and have to SATA drives running in RAID 0. I don't want to lose that information and have no way to back it up at the moment, so I need to ensure the motherboard I get can support this RAID configuration without losing data.

2. It has to support the Phenom 9950BE 140W CPU

3. Has to support the possibility of SLI

Any suggestions?

nineball

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2005
Any budget? i'm on the hunt for a phenom compatible board for future upgrades and i'd be happy to share the findings...

HazardousSmoker

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
Mid to High-Level is the range I'm looking at.

Already found the GeForce 8200 & 8300 Chipset support it but thats a little to low budget for my tastes.

ausch30

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
I believe in order to use your existing RAID you will need to find a board with the same RAID controller. A different RAID controller will require different drivers and a rebuild of the array.

HazardousSmoker

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
Those two motherboards wont work for me. I have no plans on upgrading the graphics card anytime soon as I just bought an 8800GT recently.

I had a feeling that I would have to get another nVidia RAID based board but I need verification on that from someone with experience on that.

I was able to transfer the RAID from an nForce4 motherboard to this recent motherboard with no problems but wasnt sure about moving to an AMD based RAID board.

Backups at this moment are not an option.