Sign in with
Your question

GA-EP35-DS3L vcore problem after Standby

Last response: in Motherboards
July 22, 2008 3:49:03 PM

I am using this motherboard with E8400 and 2x1GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC2-6400 with the settings shown below. The BIOS version is F5 (I tried the beta F5c as well). Thesystem works perfectly after booting up into Windows XP and passes Prime95 for 8 hours. Th vcore as reported in in CPU-Z and Speedfan is 1.23V. However, if I put the sysetm in S3 standby, the voltage reported by CPU_Z and Speedfan after coming out of standby is only 1.18V and the system fails Prime95 after a minute. I tried to bump up vcore a little more - did not help. I went back to stock settings - same result, except vcore resets to 1.12V except 1.18V. After reboot the vcore goes back to teh correct setting. I tried it on 2 EP35-DS3L motherboards with the same result. Has anyone encountered this and what can I try to fix it? Thank you.

Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [9]
CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [400]
PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]
System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.00]
DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]
Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________ 4
Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ 4
Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______4
Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ 12
ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ Auto
Rank Write to READ Delay________ Auto
Write to Precharge Delay_________ Auto
Refresh to ACT Delay______________ Auto
Read to Precharge Delay__________ Auto
Static tRead Value_______________ Auto
Static tRead Phase Adjust________ Auto

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.4V]
PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [Normal]
FSB OverVoltage Control___ [Normal]
(G)MCH OverVoltage Control [Normal]
CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.275V]
July 22, 2008 7:39:03 PM

ypinvest sense you have tryed 2 ep35-ds3l board you can just about rule out that,also sense your overclocking your system is it running stable.I know you said ran 95 prime for 8 hours.Ive got the E8400 to the problem I have with it is the core-0 and core-1 are 20c different,sense the pc runs just fine.I don't worry to much about that.if you still have warrenty from were you got the E8400 from may try exchange for another and see if it correct your problem,I don't know why vcore would be changeing if it will read wrong temps on core0 and core1 maybe.also I have a friend at work that got the same ram and they wouldn't work on gigabyte x45 and asus n5p.hope this helps you out.
July 23, 2008 11:24:43 PM

My EP45 based board is guanteed to fail coming out of S3 standby when overclocked. My current feeling is it may be a bios limitation. I've simply stopped going to standby to avoid the issue.
!