Corrupt hard disk no longer detected at all.

partyhardwk

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009
My 500GB Western Digital SATA II hard disk recently became corrupt out of nowhere. One day I turned my computer on and it would get up to the windows xp loading screen and then go to a BSOD with error code 0x0000007b. I kept pressing the reset button but nothing worked until i shut it off completely and then turned it back on which allowed it to work but it took forever to load into windows. Then when i brought it to college it acted up again but with the error says "Windows cannot read the selected boot disk, please contact your system administrator." So i ended up reinstalling windows and i noticed that while installing xp that my master hard drive was not there to be partitioned, only my primary slave drive. So i was forced to use that one instead. I check into my computer and my master hd still isnt there and it isnt in the BIOS either! Please help me!

You can try switching data cables, switching power cables, switching SATA ports, and when those things fail you can buy a new disk drive. Or try to replace the HD under warranty.

partyhardwk

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009
Well I dont want to lose all that data. I have so much stuff on there that I really need for college and for personal reasons. Ill try switching those things.

The time to prepare for this eventuality is long past. At this point I'm afraid the choice really isn't yours.

Good luck.