need help with brain teaser

Ok, so I was taking this pre-employment online test from Caliper. One
section of the test was figure out the next number or letter in the
sequence. I figured out all of them except one sequence of letters which
happened to be the only one that had only 4 letters to establish a pattern
instead of 5 or 6.

This is the sequence:

C A R R

what's the next letter?
choices are:

Surely one of the brainiacs here can figure this out.
3 answers Last reply
More about need brain teaser
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    "Andy Smith" <andyPLZNOSPAMgwen@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > Ok, so I was taking this pre-employment online test from Caliper. One
    > section of the test was figure out the next number or letter in the
    > sequence. I figured out all of them except one sequence of letters which
    > happened to be the only one that had only 4 letters to establish a pattern
    > instead of 5 or 6.
    >
    > This is the sequence:
    >
    > C A R R
    >
    > what's the next letter?
    > choices are:

    > Surely one of the brainiacs here can figure this out.

    A quick web search shows some others in the search, however, they do not
    include the letter O in their quiz??

    Quixote
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    "Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com> wrote in message

    > "Andy Smith" <andyPLZNOSPAMgwen@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > > Ok, so I was taking this pre-employment online test from Caliper. One
    > > section of the test was figure out the next number or letter in the
    > > sequence. I figured out all of them except one sequence of letters which
    > > happened to be the only one that had only 4 letters to establish a
    pattern
    > > instead of 5 or 6.
    > >
    > > This is the sequence:
    > >
    > > C A R R
    > >
    > > what's the next letter?
    > > choices are:

    > > Surely one of the brainiacs here can figure this out.
    > >

    > A quick web search shows some others in the search, however, they do not
    > include the letter O in their quiz??
    >
    > Quixote

    Now why didn't I search first? duh! I wasn't sure about the O. My wife
    remembered an O but I didn't, so the O is probably not one of the choices.
    Beats me how you can establish a pattern in 4 letters. Many of the other
    problems were tricky, but solvable. Maybe the obvious CARRY is correct. I
    wish there were some way to know.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Andy Smith's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
    body were:
    > This is the sequence:
    > C A R R
    > what's the next letter?
    > choices are:
    > O I X S Y
    > Surely one of the brainiacs here can figure this out.

    My guess is "carry". Easy simple deduction based from trial and error.
    Which one sounds right? Carro? Carrx?

Games Video Games