Wireless Roaming

ryankn852

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
Hey everyone again. So at my office we are trying to set up Wireless Roaming I believe they call it. I have found many guides and looked through many forums and still cannot get this working. I'll update this forum with specific router setting and what not later but I wanted to make sure first of all that a few small things did not matter. So the brand of the routers does not have to be the same I'm hoping? I live in Hong Kong and the routers our other IT bought are kinda random no name brands. Also with one router have a DHCP setting, does it matter WHICH one has DHCP turned on and which has it turned off? For one router it seems that I can choose on or off and the other I cant find that option. And last quick question, once this is setup, if I were to walk around the office, will the the connection have to... reconnect when it switches router?

Thanks, hoping for some gooood replies

ryankn852

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
Ok. So I never ended up getting this wireless roaming to work out and was wondering if somebody wanted to help out this week. As of now I have much better routers then I did before and they are the same brand which will I think destroy compatability issues.

Routers
PCI MZK-W04NU
PCI BLW-54CW

I swear by now I have tried every single different way to get this working and it just wont. I've even tried the ways that I knew were completely wrong just to be extra sure. Does anyone have ANY advice at all. If someone wants I can post the details here but I did not get replies last time so I'll wait on that.

Thanks Errbodyy

EDITTT Here are my full details

MZK

IP - 192 168 1 11
Subnet Mask - 255 255 255 0
Default Gateway - 192 168 1 20
DNS - 192 168 1 100
DHCP 192 168 1 201
192 158 1 220
Enabled
802.11 B/G/N
Channel 1

BLW - No DHCP option (could that be the problem)

IP - 192 168 1 12
Subnet Mask - SAME
Default Gateway - SAME
DNS - No option/Does not show
DHCP No option/Does not show
802.11 G
Channel 6