direct3d accelerator problem

supernova12123

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2008
hello.im new here.im not very familiar with direct3d and all that so i figured id ask you all.im trying to play black and white 1,cause i havent played it in forever,im using an nvidia geforce4 mx integrated gpu.my problem is when the game starts theres all these blocks and crazy color patches all over the place.i ran direct3d accelerator diagnostic through the dxdiag and it tested in 7,8,and 9.test 7 worked fine,in 8 and 9 mode the block showed up but had the crazy blocks and colors all over it.ive updated all my drivers for the card,and my direct x is version 9.0c how do i fix that and is the diagnostic related to why black and white is doing that?

Black&White 2 requires a 64MB video card with 1.1 Pixel Shader support. Supported video cards: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti series, GeForce FX series, GeForce 6200 or greater; ATI Radeon 8500 or greater, ATI Radeon X300 or greater. DirectX 9.0c is included on this disc and may require the latest drivers for your video and sound card.

supernova12123

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2008
also would a geofrce4 mx4000 128mb card be able to run black and white one,cause i have one of those in another computer and ill just wait to save up more money for a new card

No.