Failing to install Realtek High Defination Audio Driver(Help)

whollymeal

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012
Hi Folks, I'm attempting to update my realtek HD audio driver R1.7 to the present R2.70 version but keeps getting error code: 0x00005B4 nearing the end of installation.

What I did: I have removed the driver R1.7 through control panel and restarted my computer and tried installing it on the normal mode which failed obviously.

Then i switched to safe mode with networking and cleaned my computer with the Driver Cleaner Pro software of all the realtek audio drivers, after which I tried to install and failed again.

I read about the microsoft UAA bus driver but there is nothing to be found at my device manager ( I'm using Vista and ATI graphic card), which I think the case is for XP user.

What should I do, my computer is without sound. :cry:

Please help, thanks.

whollymeal

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012
I got the installation gone through or rather maintenance operation which they announced at the end of it by disabling both the High Definition Audio controller and system speaker at the device manager , however after restarting computer, there is still no sound after I have enabling back the things I disabled earlier on.

TenPc

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
Is the later version compatible with your hardware? Probably better to go back to the R1.7 and you need to install the Bus driver before the audio driver.

Always check the manufacturer site before upgrading driversas it might be that there is no upgrade avaiable.

My Sony Vaio netbook will not accept audio updates, it only uses a specific driver version and no other.