Sapphire HD 4850 + Intel 8400 helpp!! overclocking ati overdrive

xchopstickzx

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
hi people i am currently running a Sapphire HD 4850 on a Intel 8400 (3.0ghz) and wonder if i should change the fan speed of the video card etc with Ati Overdrive.All the equipment is stock.

The current configuration i think is

Fan Speed 28%
Temperature 50C
GPU Clock:500 mhz
Memory Clock 993 mhz

And ati overdrive is disabled.
I am also using a Gigabyte (EP45-UD3LR) motherboard with Easy Tune

can you guys help me out?

Thanksss

xchopstickzx

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
i actually have no idea... because when i open ati overdrive in the current values its written

GPU Clock:500 Mhz
Memory Clock:993Mhz

but on easy tune its written

Core:625 MHz
Memory:993
i want to overclock it a bit but keeping it safe.if you can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

thxxx

xchopstickzx

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
i tried changing the gpu clock and memory clock but as much as i change nothing changes in the current values in ati overdrive its like nothing happens.

Even without overclocking i recomend having fan speed at 65% (best non loud speed as far as i know since i had that card, now i have it on aftermarket cooling),
but anywya on load with about 80%+ activity it will have to go to 100% anyway.
i dont recomend OC it at all, simply since the diffrence ull get is minimum for the warranty VOID risk (on stock cooling u should not push it over 650/1050 and that will me mayb 1-2 fps anyway in high demant games like crysis or stalker CS, where in other games u should get always high FPS)

Dont forget 1 thing, OC is when u either just love the OC world or u want extra speed for something, out of that is a total waste of both safeness and Energy consumption, dont forget u can OC when new games come out that will be more demanding and also the drivers/oc info or programs will be out, so my recoemndation, if you dont need, dont oc.

trance4850

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
I have asus eah 4850 and it isnt need oc. On this card i play all games @ max(exept crysis). Why do you need oc if this card still have a potensial.
P.s fan speed always @ 60%, 100% it is very loud for my.
P.p.s with new bios it clocs on 2d mode are very low but on 3d clocks are nrml.
P.p.p.s :D you can oc you cpu to 3.6 ghz on stoc.
Hard p.s :D i done it yestarday

trance4850

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
I have asus eah 4850 and it isnt need oc. On this card i play all games @ max(exept crysis). Why do you need oc if this card still have a potensial.
P.s fan speed always @ 60%, 100% it is very loud for my.
P.p.s with new bios it clocs on 2d mode are very low but on 3d clocks are nrml.
P.p.p.s :D you can oc you cpu to 3.6 ghz on stoc.
Hard p.s :D i done it yestarday

TRENDING THREADS