HP NVIDIA cards -- difference between AA and UT?

HardwareJay

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2008
I'm out to buy a video card for a new machine I'm configuring. I've decided on the NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700. I'm putting it into an HP machine I'm buying from CDW, so I want it HP branded to keep the warranty consistent.

However, I've encountered a peculiar, confusing issue.

HP has two models of this card, with identical part numbers except one ends in AA and the other in UT.

In fact, it seems a lot of HP and/or NVIDIA cards have part numbers that are identical but that come in both flavors, AA and UT.

There are huge price differences between the AA cards and the UT cards, yet nobody I can find (CDW, HP, NVIDIA, others), and nothing I can find on the web, can explain what's different between AA and UT.

In my case, the two cards I'm looking at have the following HP part numbers:

GP529AA

GP529UT

Does anyone know what's different between the two?

Thanks!

You would be much better off getting an 8800GT/GTS 512 and soft modding it to a Quatro. The card you have selected is identical to a G84 based 8600GTS. The only diffrence being the price and optimised drivers. Even with out the utilising the Quatro driver soft mod, the GT/GTS will offer massive performance increases in professional applications.

You can find an 8800GT 512 for around $180 and a GTS 512 can be had for a little over $200 compared to your $500+ FX 1700.