Sign in with
Your question

intel stupidly bashing nvidia

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 10, 2008 4:18:21 PM

http://en.expreview.com/2008/06/10/intel-presentscpu-vs...

how is it when you upgrade from onboard graphics to a 8800GTX, you get no performance increases? :heink:  they purposely didnt put any game benchies there.
why is intel trying so hard to bash nvidia??
June 10, 2008 4:25:54 PM

Looks like this was not thought through
June 10, 2008 4:26:59 PM

You can't really say they are entirely wrong, gaming isn't everything to a lot of people.

However, video cards are involved in video decoding and 3d rendering last I heard; but I don't really pay that much attention to either.
Related resources
June 10, 2008 4:29:35 PM

It all depends on what you are using the computer for.
For me, CPU is far more important than GPU.

For many on the forum the reverse is true.
However, a CPU company will stress CPU.
A GPU company will stress GPU.

June 10, 2008 4:32:35 PM

zenmaster said:
It all depends on what you are using the computer for.
For me, CPU is far more important than GPU.

For many on the forum the reverse is true.
However, a CPU company will stress CPU.
A GPU company will stress GPU.

and why is this cpu company stressing the gpu company?ust because of larrabee
June 10, 2008 4:34:22 PM

Intel and nVidia are like children fighting over some lollipop that's all :D 
June 10, 2008 4:35:35 PM

quote from a dude there:

That is uterly stupid. they tested only applications that do not use the GPU. look at it: 3D rendering is CPU based ! it is not directX RT rendering they are talking about they ran a ray tracer, and … surprise, more CPU mean better performances.

Music, photos, video encoding also do not use GPU, because today, only video replay on screen uses the GPU, not video encoding, at least most of the time, and i bet intel tests did not use GPU accelerated encoding.

Same trick for memory upgrade. I bet they tested with a bench software on top of a naked windows install with defender de activated. Now a vista premium defaul tinstall, with defender activated, an email client and a web browser opened for a few hour, and your HD gets hot from swapping with 1Gb and integrated graphics, but I bet they did not bench the time required to launch a fresh office session with software already running, just a benchmark software after a cold boot. in that configuration you never swap, memory upgrade can’t change a thing; but I.R.L. that just never happens, and you end up with memory upgrade beeing the most sensible thing to do with the test bed proposed
a b U Graphics card
June 10, 2008 4:36:50 PM

Intel is bashing Nvidia because they can.
June 10, 2008 4:41:21 PM

seriously, i wont want nvidia to go bust.if they do,intel will thrash amd and via.i do hope that the nvidia and via joint venture is something good.we dont want the monopoly thingy do we??
June 10, 2008 4:47:58 PM

I think if there's companies busting it'll be AMD first, then nVidia.
nVidia's still rich, not like AMD.
Yet things are getting crazier and I really want to see the ending of this!
And I really want to see Larrabee benchmarks! If there's any....
a b U Graphics card
June 10, 2008 5:02:08 PM

Id like Intel to take it for awhile. Who needs memory? Just but a Intel cpu and yuore fine. Gpus are dead, just buy a Intel 32core wonder, and youll have ray tracing. Intel has sunk below the level of anything nVidias done. Intel started this openly when they said the gpu was dead. Theyre missing the larger picture here. This fall, we will see a huge impact on the main needs of multicored cpus when software encoding becomes part of a gpu owners experience. Tkake away encoding from cpus and whats the main argument for a 8 core cpu? It wont be faster, the IPC on Nehalem is being debated as = or just a tad better than Penryn. The clocks arent really going up, as theyve hit a wall there as well. Intel knows they have to have a gpu, or else why Larrabee? Im tired of Intel treating us like were stupid. I for one would like to see a few chinks come loose in Intels armor
June 10, 2008 5:10:38 PM

JAYDEEJOHN said:
Id like Intel to take it for awhile. Who needs memory? Just but a Intel cpu and yuore fine. Gpus are dead, just buy a Intel 32core wonder, and youll have ray tracing. Intel has sunk below the level of anything nVidias done. Intel started this openly when they said the gpu was dead. Theyre missing the larger picture here. This fall, we will see a huge impact on the main needs of multicored cpus when software encoding becomes part of a gpu owners experience. Tkake away encoding from cpus and whats the main argument for a 8 core cpu? It wont be faster, the IPC on Nehalem is being debated as = or just a tad better than Penryn. The clocks arent really going up, as theyve hit a wall there as well. Intel knows they have to have a gpu, or else why Larrabee? Im tired of Intel treating us like were stupid. I for one would like to see a few chinks come loose in Intels armor

jaydee...damn man....you are freakin smart and right. :D  theyve certainly hit a wall.we will have to see if going wide is any good.but i doubt it.weve been saying quaddies are future proof for quite sometime.but we arent near it anywhere :sweat: 
June 10, 2008 5:10:53 PM

It is Intel's Deal..., imagine what your true score would be if they took account of their lame ass built in Intel Extreme Video DE-ccelerator into account for your overall score? This way they mask their incredibly inferior video performance in 99.9percent of all computers sold to noobs under the sad belief..., its a badass new system. Intel is thinking "Take the money and run Intel, their to dumb to notice the difference and our benchmark proves it...."
June 10, 2008 5:29:29 PM

There isn't really anything wrong with what that graph and article was about.... Their point was if you do those things (Mp3, vidoe encoding, whatever) with your PC then $200-300 is much better spent on a CPU and they are correct.

Also their graph below that one is true as well with the X and check marks.

You are all just freaking out over nothing. They are KIND of bashing Nvidia but its really more educating people / advertising...wtf do you expect in this economy?
June 10, 2008 5:40:18 PM

Having a superior desktop processor does not justify the blind love that some people seem to have for intel. Can't you see that each company is touting what they have? (In other words intel,nvidia and amd are all being idiots or think we are idiots).
a b U Graphics card
June 10, 2008 5:41:04 PM

Im tired of having my INTELligence insulted. I know what this article was about. Lies, hype and tripe. Lets say if theres no gpu encoding ability soon on the horizon, and no one knows better, it sounds good, this hype, but thats not so. Also, if you game whatsoever, the money wasted on a better cpu vs a better gpu doesnt play here, as the gpu wins almost every time, as you can just oc the cpu, no biggie. What can be said of this when the encoder comes out? Is this desperation on Intels part then? They know its coming. This article doesnt hold water, too many leaks, and using Vista, having more ram makes sense , period. This is just bad PR from Intel
June 10, 2008 5:47:47 PM

Intel is bashing nvidia because a few months Nvidia came out of nowhere and bashed Intel. It is simply payback and we are on the receiving end of it. One of the first un-necessary volleys was Nvidia bashing the onboard video of intel and another was Nvidia calling the Intel CPU dead in the water.
June 10, 2008 5:50:52 PM

yea, but Intel doesn't really have to worry about it as they aren't a retailer

Its the responsibility of the salesman to inform people, and if they don't inform people they are generally the ones that end up dealing with it - not Intel directly.

So really, its in the best interests of Intel to think that everyone is stupid and make up charts and whatnot showing how great they are because that will ultimately get them more sales from the uneducated consumers. I'm certain anyone who uses this forum or calls themself an enthusiast realizes that enthusiasts are the exception and the minority, not the norm and the masses.
a b U Graphics card
June 10, 2008 5:59:23 PM

Unfortunately thats so. But we still see responses contrary to this knowledge. We also see that it was Intel who first openly started this whole thing. I mean Intel came out and said it first, now Intel may have reasons to be displeased with nVidia, but you dont come out and declare the gpu dead lol. I know Intel is just running with their concerns as well, and spinning along the way. I mean, theyre the most influential monter in the HW arena, they NEED to keep up appearances ya know. This is petty, its misleading just like the gpu is dead statement. Sad thing is, people will eat this crap up like a starving man heading to micky D's
June 10, 2008 6:00:00 PM

Seems like you are all still over reacting. Maybe theres going to be some point in a good GPU soon for encoding and whatnot but that is not the case right now. I know Nvidia has that CUDA thing and developers are attempting to tap the GPU power more now but there is still nothing wrong with the chart they posted....

Comparing a CPU task to a lesser CPU with a nice GPU is kinda pointless but also true in showing what a CPU does commpared to a GPU.

Every real gamer and enthusiast knows you need a good CPU & GPU or you get junk for GAME performance. Having some stupid Core 2 Duo running like 2.4GHz and a Nvidia 9800Gx2 won't get you anywhere... you need a good CPU and GPU.

Stop crying about this advertisement already haha
a b U Graphics card
June 10, 2008 6:09:31 PM

This is Intel crap, done poorly, over cooked, and served with sooo much balogna itll make you wanna by Larrabee lol. Like I said, right now? Look around and see if therwes existing encoding in beta? Isnt that here? And as far as getting above 2.4, thats what 200usd? with oc? Not adding another 200 to $300 for a "better" performance.
a b U Graphics card
June 10, 2008 6:12:25 PM

OK, let me just say this. Intels new marketing is worthless, crappy, notttrue nor to the point. They are missing the bigger picture here.
June 10, 2008 6:28:42 PM

Well yea I understand how this looks to the not so tech savvy noob but at the same time they are correct in saying that a sexy E8400 will help you do normal stuff like Movie encoding and MP3 converting and general PC usage faster.

I am pretty sure that little graph / ad was not aimed at us =)

I have a E8400 at 3.7GHz and SLI 8800GT, they are hawt.
a b U Graphics card
June 10, 2008 6:58:42 PM

neodude007 said:
Well yea I understand how this looks to the not so tech savvy noob but at the same time they are correct in saying that a sexy E8400 will help you do normal stuff like Movie encoding and MP3 converting and general PC usage faster.

I am pretty sure that little graph / ad was not aimed at us =)

I have a E8400 at 3.7GHz and SLI 8800GT, they are hawt.

Why not 4Ghz? :D 
June 10, 2008 7:11:58 PM

I couldn't get it stable at 4GHz easily so I figured, screw it I will keep it 3.7GHz.
Plus I am having enough BSOD and other freezes during Age of Conan. No need to add more instability hahah. I get that infamous nvlddmkm error about once an hour and have to wait 3 frikin minutes for my Vista x64 to boot.
a b U Graphics card
June 10, 2008 7:19:46 PM

LOL, yeah, too bad they dont put twimtbp with that nvlddmkm heheh
June 10, 2008 7:53:50 PM

Intel... What are they trying to do? Its rather pathetic IMO. But I guess companies will have to go at sometime. Just look at all the companies that offered graphics acceleration when that started, but if any nvidia or amd dies, its the death of competative x86 computing..
June 10, 2008 11:25:45 PM

So much fud it makes you want to vomit
June 10, 2008 11:26:18 PM

Oh, and it must be necessary to use 2 seperate posts every couple of minutes to get the same point across
June 10, 2008 11:26:37 PM

Like this.

Ooops that's 3.

Damn.
!