SG-1

OMG!! Frank- this series is now on my list of
"Must Buy!" DVDs!!!

Oh jeez, it was like going back in time- tonight's
episode was "Enemy Mine", and swear to Bob didn't
I read the same story by Bradbury growing up?!?!?!

I gotta go do a Google- but I had to pop in and let
you know I'm a total goner now for this show. :D

Miracle Smith wrote:
> Oh jeez, it was like going back in time- tonight's
> episode was "Enemy Mine", and swear to Bob didn't
> I read the same story by Bradbury growing up?!?!?!

No no no- it wasn't by Ray Bradbury at all, and it was far
more recent than I remembered, and it's a cool movie as well.

Ah, geezedom. But whatever, the SG-1 episode was a very
good interpretation of the same theme. Here's a cool link if
you're at all interested in my ramblings......

http://explorers.whyte.com/sf/enem.htm

--
·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Miracle Smith wrote:
> OMG!! Frank- this series is now on my list of
> "Must Buy!" DVDs!!!
>
> Oh jeez, it was like going back in time- tonight's
> episode was "Enemy Mine", and swear to Bob didn't
> I read the same story by Bradbury growing up?!?!?!
>
> I gotta go do a Google- but I had to pop in and let
> you know I'm a total goner now for this show. :D

Heh. The "enemy mine" plot idea is very common in general. I know there
was a decent movie of that name at some point, probably based on the
Bradbury book.

I actually liked this episode because you saw clearly the fact that this
wasn't the United Federation of Planets: "We need that naquadah mine,
and we're going to take it, whether the Unas like(s) it or not."

They seem to be airing the show in a weird order, though. This was
S07E07 (Season, Episode), whereas the Heroes dualogy was something like
S07E12 and S07E13 or something. If they do decide to followup with
S07E08, you're in for "Space Race", which is exactly what it sounds
like. It's a fun little episode, with no goa'ould and lots of Sam
Carter. Yay.

Well, I'm currently downloading the latest eps. Amazing, that 15000
people at any one time are doing the same for a few days after the show
airs. I'm current up to episode 4 of both season 9 for SG-1 and season 2
for Atlantis.

--
Frank

Just watched the first 3 episodes of this season over two nights, as I'd
TiVo'd them up. Nice not to have to get aggravated by the cliff hangers
between the episodes. I'll save the 4th episode for later while I catch up
on other shows. I like to watch several episodes of a show at once, just to
avoid the cliff hangers.

Adrian Ng wrote:
> "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
>> Whatcha want in trade for copies? :D
>>

> Sorry, i had to delete it. it was 53 gig (turns out i had all seasons)
>
> I deleted it with wrath.
>
> I thought my hard drive was full, so i went and bought a new one.
>
> But now i don't need it.

I get the distinct feeling that you're yanking my chain, Adrian.

ScratchMonkey wrote:
> Just watched the first 3 episodes of this season over two nights, as
> I'd TiVo'd them up. Nice not to have to get aggravated by the cliff
> hangers between the episodes. I'll save the 4th episode for later
> while I catch up on other shows. I like to watch several episodes of
> a show at once, just to avoid the cliff hangers.

See, I look at it this way- the way TV is going down the toilet,
I'll wait and buy each season as the DVD set, and then watch the
episodes the way you are. At my age, I have to factor in the hassle
a TiVo unit would be.

<delete rant about electronics-impaired husband>