Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Uninstall driver scanner

Last response: in Windows XP
September 22, 2010 10:02:58 PM

I installed Uniblue Driver Scanner and paid for it on the advice of DivX.
It reports 4 outdated drivers supposadly replaced them but upon rescan it reported that they still needed updating.
There appears to be no uninstall.
Can you help.

Confused

Best solution

a b \ Driver
September 23, 2010 8:26:53 AM

fidelma said:
I installed Uniblue Driver Scanner and paid for it on the advice of DivX.
It reports 4 outdated drivers supposadly replaced them but upon rescan it reported that they still needed updating.
There appears to be no uninstall.
Can you help.

Confused

I regard anything with Uniblue in the name as malware and suggest you run some strong scanners to get rid of any threats it brought with it or which came in through doors it left open. Good scanners are MalwareBytes from http://www.malwarebytes.com and SuperAntiSpyware from http://www.superantispyware.com but first, download CCleaner from http://www.piriform.com and use that to clear out all the clutter, includign Cookies. Then click on the Options tab and see if it can remove Uniblue.
September 30, 2010 12:44:48 AM

Thanks Saga Lout, and I will keep your advice in mind in the future.
Score
Related resources
October 11, 2010 2:37:40 AM

I replied to Saga Lout on the forum. I do not doubt his advice and I used Anti Malware to check my computer. However I did not take his advice with regard to the rest of his reply. I will avoid Uniblue in future. The Driver Update did not appear in the Add or Remove Programs and the Driver Update program did not function in WinXP. However I found a file under Program Files/Uniblue/Driverupdate that was called 'unioooo.exe' or something like that and it did uninstall the Driver Update program. I consider the matter closed. I am loath to rate Saga Lout.
Sorry that this seems to be concerning you so much.

Fidelma.
Score
a b \ Driver
October 11, 2010 4:33:06 AM

fidelma said:
I replied to Saga Lout on the forum. I do not doubt his advice and I used Anti Malware to check my computer. However I did not take his advice with regard to the rest of his reply. I will avoid Uniblue in future. The Driver Update did not appear in the Add or Remove Programs and the Driver Update program did not function in WinXP. However I found a file under Program Files/Uniblue/Driverupdate that was called 'unioooo.exe' or something like that and it did uninstall the Driver Update program. I consider the matter closed. I am loath to rate Saga Lout.
Sorry that this seems to be concerning you so much.

Fidelma.

You shouldn't loath it. Saga Lout gave you sound advice.

You may have uninstalled part of the program, but that doesn't mean there isn't any traces or an infection left behind. You would be well off to follow the rest of his advice, or run through the malware guide in my signature.
Score
a b \ Driver
October 11, 2010 4:33:17 AM

Best answer selected by aford10.
Score
a b \ Driver
October 11, 2010 4:33:21 AM

This topic has been closed by Aford10
Score
!