radeon 2600xt performance problems

babybudha

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2006

But, his powerful "Sempron" should more then make up for the cards lack of power.

godless

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007

why you being a jackass? no **** he has an old system. your remarks don't do any good.

derek85

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2008
To theunknown 145: can you elaborate what you mean by not getting the results you should get?

The driver seems old too. Never use the boxed driver. Download Catalyst 8.5 from AMD/ATI website and give it a try.

The performance could also be potentially bottlenecked by other components such as CPU or memory.

babybudha

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2006

You are right. I apologize for my jackass comment. I just get annoyed when people don't do any research at all.

Here is a more useful comment:

To theunknown145: Unfortunately not only is your CPU old compared to todays standards, but it also weak compared to the "Athlons" of that time. When you combine these 2 factors, your 3D gaming will be severely bottlenecked/crippled no matter what videocard you are using.

PS. You should also be more specific whenever you makes statements so people can understand the situation better. (ie. What are you using to measure performance? What performance numbers did you expect? Compared to what is your system under performing compared too?)