Sign in with
Your question

M$ tried doing it to ATI again, this time they burned

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
June 11, 2008 8:36:51 AM

After the DX10 debacle, where M$ left ATI out in the cold, having the way AA was to be done in DX10, and went with nVidias already released products, and changing DX10, now we see that they tried to ciscumnent ATI with their xbox, and everyone got burned in the process. Good read here http://www.eetimes.com/news/latest/showArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=51TYZYXYRWUZUQSNDLSCKHA?articleID=208403010

More about : ati time burned

a b U Graphics card
June 11, 2008 9:14:13 AM

M$ are attracted to what makes or saves them the most money. Unfortunately it doesn't always work the way they want.
June 11, 2008 10:34:08 AM

They also forced the TLB fix on Phenom owners with SP1, which considerably slows the processor down, so I'm thinking they must have something against AMD/ATi
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
June 11, 2008 10:37:15 AM

justjc said:
They also forced the TLB fix on Phenom owners with SP1, which considerably slows the processor down, so I'm thinking they must have something against AMD/ATi

No that was a good decision on their part because it means they won't get complaints from "TLB-bug-ignorant" server admins about "unexplainable" crashes and lockups.
June 11, 2008 11:31:22 AM

Sensationalist headline that bears little relation to the story. Just another story about someone trying to save costs by cutting out the middle man.

Yep - definitely a conspiracy here...
June 11, 2008 12:06:50 PM

Do I smell some ATI bias, or is it just plain old anti-microsoft loathing?
June 11, 2008 12:15:08 PM

SirCrono said:
Do I smell some ATI bias, or is it just plain old anti-microsoft loathing?

I think I'll ciscumnent that question. :bounce: 
a b U Graphics card
June 11, 2008 12:21:48 PM

I'm thinking people watch *way* too many Oliver Stone movies....
!