What is a good reference site?

what is a good reference site to check out the stats on my computer? im not even sure what they are called
basically i want to know the numbers on this computer

ive recently done a mild build and want to see what this thing does for starters and where i can improve upon in the future

in case you must know this is what i have
mobo- biostar nf61v micro am2 ver.1
amd athlon 64 x2 duel core 4000+ 2.11
memory- crucial balistix 2-1gig with 6400 800 mhz 4-4-4-12 latency total 2 gigs (this might have been a lil over kill but helped out alot)
o/s xp pro 64 bit
video- visiontech ati radeon hd 4350 (i know i can do better but this is for starters to take the lag out of the system)
audio- diamond extreme sound card 5.1 (once again to take the lag out of the system )
psu- bfg tech atx 12v 2.2 550 gx series cable managed
hd-1.5 terabyte seagate 32mb baracuda
optic drive- lg lightscribe x22
fans- 2- 120mm with triple color led / 1-60mm with single color led ( had to have a lil bit of lighting effects blingage)
ALL OF THE ABOVE WAS BOUGHT BRAND NEW

ONLY USED ITEM WAS THE CASE THAT I BOUGHT

ITS AN OLDER QUANTUM SERIES ATX MIDTOWER (what can i say i like the design and simplicity of it and alot of room to manuver plenty of air flow)

plus im using a hannspree 25" monitor that maxs out at 1920 x 1080 with a refresh rate at 3000

all of the above total coming in at just around $1050.00 (DID I SPEND TO MUCH OR IS THIS A GOOD PRICE FOR ALL OF THAT ) I TRIED TO BARGAIN SHOP BUT DIDNT WANT TO RISK GETTING JIPPED EITHER

im not into the major games but i do like to play some
im more into videos movies pics and music

plus im in school and i do my homework on this as well

IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS TO HELP IMPROVE MY SYSTEM ILL TAKE THOSE AS WELL
7 answers Last reply
More about what good reference site
  1. OK BENCH MARK TESTING IS WHAT IM LOOKING FOR ?

    WHO DO YOU SUGGEST?
  2. POOCHE001 said:
    all of the above total coming in at just around $1050.00 (DID I SPEND TO MUCH OR IS THIS A GOOD PRICE FOR ALL OF THAT ) I TRIED TO BARGAIN SHOP BUT DIDNT WANT TO RISK GETTING JIPPED EITHER

    im not into the major games but i do like to play some
    im more into videos movies pics and music

    IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS TO HELP IMPROVE MY SYSTEM ILL TAKE THOSE AS WELL


    You could easily build a quad core system for that much, possibly even Core i7. I would guess those parts cost roughly $500-550.

    That video card will have a very hard time running any newish games at that resolution.
    Other suggested changes would be 4GB of RAM, AMD 780G or 790GX mobo, tri-core or quad core Phenom II.
  3. theAnimal said:
    You could easily build a quad core system for that much, possibly even Core i7. I would guess those parts cost roughly $500-550.

    That video card will have a very hard time running any newish games at that resolution.
    Other suggested changes would be 4GB of RAM, AMD 780G or 790GX mobo, tri-core or quad core Phenom II.



    i looked into all of that and i would have ended up aour the 1800- 2000 grande range in order to get all of the matching compatible parts to go with them

    this mobo is only set up for a max 2 gigs
    but i am looking into getting a better mobo and cpu memory combo in about 3 months and my g/f will be getting this set up then
    shes already jealious compared to what she has
    hers is an old compaq i did a memory upgrade for hers to help her out for now plus added an extra hd for storage cant keep her away from the music downloads lol

    as for the video once again im not playing any major games im talking like 15 dollar games here and thats with multiple games on one disc
    mostly like the old style arcade games i couldnt imagine them being very graphic intensive even for this card

    :bounce:
  4. POOCHE001 said:
    i looked into all of that and i would have ended up aour the 1800- 2000 grande range in order to get all of the matching compatible parts to go with them


    Phenom II 940 + Biostar 790GX mobo is only $260 @newegg. All the rest of the parts are ~$50 or less except the HDD and OS.
  5. OP, I hope those aren't US dollars you are talking about.
  6. UM YUP U.S. DOLLARS LAST TIME I CHECKED
    HOLD ON A MINUTE ILL LOOK AGAIN
    YUP U.S. DOLLARS LOL
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking