Sign in with
Your question

Reinstalling / Upgrading Windows Vista Ultimate with VLK

Last response: in Windows Vista
November 22, 2012 9:58:32 PM

I have a copy of windows vista ultimate 32 bit on a computer from many years ago which was activated using a volume license / enterprise key. i want to do a clean reinstall or preferably reinstall with the 64 bit version. i have the key originally provided but did not know if 1) i would run into any problems doing just a plain reinstall of 32 bit because it is has a volume key, and 2) is it possible to upgrade to 64 bit given these conditions?

when you buy a retail copy these days you get the 32 and 64 bit discs and it is easy to just use the keys on the discs whenever you need to reinstall or change versions, so i am hoping something similar could be done here

does anyone have any advice or know if what i am trying to do is even possible?
November 23, 2012 1:12:37 PM

Atra said:
I have a copy of windows vista ultimate 32 bit on a computer from many years ago which was activated using a volume license / enterprise key. i want to do a clean reinstall or preferably reinstall with the 64 bit version. i have the key originally provided but did not know if 1) i would run into any problems doing just a plain reinstall of 32 bit because it is has a volume key, and 2) is it possible to upgrade to 64 bit given these conditions?

when you buy a retail copy these days you get the 32 and 64 bit discs and it is easy to just use the keys on the discs whenever you need to reinstall or change versions, so i am hoping something similar could be done here

does anyone have any advice or know if what i am trying to do is even possible?

The special Volume License Keys facilitate multiple installations from a single CD, so I would think you have no problems with the 32bit. -- 64bit, may be a problem.

Volume License Keys for Select License and Enterprise Agreement customers are available on the Microsoft Volume License Services (MVLS) Web site.
Go to the Microsoft Volume License Services site
https://licensing.microsoft.com/
m
l
!