Sign in with
Your question

Is my pixel dead or stuck?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 11, 2008 11:24:08 PM

Hiya guys, I just bought a new monitor, a great 22" acer from newegg. Anyway, I noticed when doing a dead pixel test that I have one dead/stuck pixel. Now I've been getting a lot of conflicting answers on this, so I wanted to come right here for some clarity.

I'm trying to figure out of my pixel is dead or "stuck" as some might call it. The pixel is really small.... Like, really really small, honestly, it's not a big deal if I can't fix it in the end because on a black background I can't even see it until I get really close to my screen.

On a black background the pixel appears white, if not a little red.. It's very very small while trying to distinguish this.

On a red background is it totally black, solid black and much easier to see. It seems much bigger than on the black background.

On a lime background I cannot find the pixel, it either blends in perfectly or is doing the color fine...

Same for blue, I cannot find the pixel at all...

On a white background it seems to have a blueish color...

And on a yellow background it seems to be yellowish/blue...

With this information, would it be safe to assume that perhaps only the red portion of my pixel has passed on perhaps? I'm not entirely sure how it works so I figured I'd come here to ask.

I appreciate the help, thanks!

More about : pixel dead stuck

June 11, 2008 11:32:28 PM

Why does it matter? You can't fix a dead pixile no matter what kind it is. Just rma the thing or live with it. :p 
June 11, 2008 11:49:41 PM

It matters to me because I am going to be stuck with it, unless I can somehow RMA for another reason newegg won't except a dead pixel issue unless it has something like 8 or more dead pixels.

If I'm going to be stuck with it I'd like to at least get a better understanding of it, also, because if it's stuck and not dead it can be fixed. :)  I'm just trying to find out if going through the trouble is worth it or not.
Related resources
June 11, 2008 11:53:58 PM

It seems like a dead pixel to me, to bad there is not a way you can kill 7 more pixels and then RMA...or is there??
June 11, 2008 11:56:25 PM

Yeah that would be my next question, though it's sad to have to ask... Is there a way for my to make dead pixels without it being noticeable neglect? I can't believe I actually have to do something like that in order to get an RMA but I do what I have to do.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 12, 2008 12:00:19 AM

yeah and if newegg reads this... lol... they definitely won't... but IF.... and they connect the name kooper to so and so... and ... and .... and all these other ifs.... lol
a c 195 C Monitor
June 12, 2008 12:31:12 AM

Try using a program to "fix" a dead pixel.

UDPixel

You got nothing to loose.

I never experienced a dead pixel even on my 5 year old Planar PX191 monitor.
!