Archaos

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2008
Ok so i bought a new gaming rig because the old one just wasn't quite up to scratch any more. I am 95% sure that the install was done properly as i have built many machines and they have worked fine.

specs are as follows.

AMD phenom X4 9850 black edition
4gb Corsair dominator PC-8500 1066mhz ram With cooling fan
Gigabyte GA-MA790X-DS4 mobo
Thermaltake Armor+ full tower case
Corsair 750w PSU
HIS raedon HD4870 512mb GDDR5 GPU

thats all the important stuff anyways but i installed windows vista ultimate 64 bit edition and updated drivers and it was working fine played CS:S no problem averaging 200+ fps. I started playing Assassins creed and after a while it BSOD'd me and shutdown and wouldn't turn on. i left it for a while as i had to go out and came back to try my luck again turned the PC on and it started up and then just after the Bios screen finished i saw a flame on the Mobo through the window unplugged it straight away and watched the chip on the mobo go from glowing red to cooling down. it is now back at the shop where i purchased the parts and should be covered under warranty. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on why it happened.. The fire was situated right next to the cpu in the top left corner of the board. so I'm figuring CPU power problem or a short.