i want 4850, but.........

:fou: The pricing in India is just unbeleivable :heink: while i know, components will be 20-25% costly than US market, the differences between ati and nvidia products is unreal :sweat:
9600GT is 210$ in my country, and 3870 is 350$ :pfff: This is conversion of Indian currency to US$. Anybody knows reasons for this?? In India GPUs are much more costly than cpus and mobos. cpus and mobos are mostly 5% in match with US prices. But GPUs are much more costly and ati cards are :??: What the hell. What can i do?? Sorry for the long post, but anybody else has faced similar problem elsewhere?? What have they done?? Am i being forced with nVidia :cry: ???
33 answers Last reply
More about 4850
  1. Same thing in south africa. Except everything is more expensive. Suppliers here cost more than retail in USA. :(
  2. im from a third world country called philippines :hello: where prices are just as ridiculous

    9600 gt < 8800 gt < 3850 < 3870

    so we always buy nvidia cards :bounce: (well, most of the time)
  3. I'm from Malaysia.
    Luckily though prices here are fair, and sometimes they get cheaper than those western countries too!
  4. In my country 9600 is 250$,
    and 3870 is 296$.
    I'm from Croatia.
  5. I think there are no proper distribution channels for the products here in India. I don't understand why but the etailers here charge insane prices for pc components while it is the opposite in the West. Recently I bought an XFX 8600gt, a basic model for almost $100 which is ridiculous. I went to a retail shop in my city to buy the cheapest Cooler Master PSU last week. But I didn't want to be fooled again so I just returned home with a cheaper one because the CM PSU was almost $85.
  6. it cant be as anoying as calling tech suport and getting some guy from india instead of an american with an american accent,. we suffer from bad service u suffer from expsensive american branded gpu.

    maybe they should move tech suport jobs back to america :) id be happer talking to someone i can understand
  7. Im going to use some probably unfounded or downright wrong assumptions please correct me and i mean no insult.
    The assumption im going to make is that in out of the way places and third world countries the difference between the haves and the have nots is quite noticeable ? So if this is true then the greedy gits who supply things that are considered luxury items are putting a hefty premium on top with a view that the rich can afford it. This would leave people who are in the middle just that stuck in the middle. Im also going to guess that if they did lower the prices a bit that the mass market isnt going to be there so the price is high because they would rather get more from the rich who they know will buy and can afford rather than sell a relative few extra units at a lower price. So using numbers to sell at 300 £/$ etc 2000 units would return 60.000, but to drop it to 250 they would need to shift another 400 to get the same return.
    Mactronix
  8. either way u look at it it costs more. if american companys are using indian firms to do american jobs ( the job are there becuase they work for less) well then dont complaine when u cant afford a graphic card. u work cheaper take our jobs, do worse service and speak in some accent that no american can understand and get paid less . get over it. your simply getting paid less thats why the jobs are in your country, its called save up. im sure your working so SAVE and get tha ati :)
  9. In Malaysia, the mainstream and those cheap cards (9600GT, 8800GT, 3870 and all below that level) sells very cheaply, for there's a great market here.
    Those cards of higher level than that often sell more expensive than first world countries for market is small(even the 8800GTS512 sells for $300 here)
  10. I'm in Spain atm, but dont feel too bad.

    A 3870 costs here 248.48 USD in the cheapest shop.
    A 9600GT cost here 271.85 USD in the cheapest shop.

    I have considered buying them in the states, the real problem is the warranty. Sometimes i see reviews in THG or Anand and i cry like a little girl because of the prices in the US. Of course you guys upgrade alot !!! With those prices !! I Would aswell !!
  11. I am complaining of getting gpus costly(ok i do not like that, but still i can live with that). Problem is, why are ati cards so costly than nvidias?? When they are not so costly in the US??
  12. wrazor said:
    I am complaining of getting gpus costly(ok i do not like that, but still i can live with that). Problem is, why are ati cards so costly than nvidias?? When they are not so costly in the US??


    At a guess it may be down to distribution. If Nvidia ship stuff your way already and ATI dont then i could see it costing more as they would then be "special orders". There is no reason specifically why they are dearer. ATI and the board partners are almost certainly not charging the retailers extra, unless as i said its a shipping thing.
    Mactronix
  13. can't you shop on the net? The best prices are found there ;)
  14. draxssab said:
    can't you shop on the net? The best prices are found there ;)


    Its a silly question, but ill reply anyway. We can shop, but newegg,tiger direct, best buy and others, just dont SHIP to our destinations. We have to bow, to the normal shops, you know the few little ones, for our hardware.
  15. I'll send you the money to buy that card, here in Chile (South America) the 9600GT retails for US$ 272 and the 3870 goes for about the same, I paid US$ 400 for my 8800 GT.

    So, as you see, there's always someone in a worse position than you are, ç'est la vie.
  16. FWIW, I was very pleasantly surprised last week to get EXCELLENT tech support from "Carmina," who spoke with an obvious Indian accent. She was the supervisor of a 1st-line drone who does give Indian tech support a bad name, but you cannot generalize to all of them just because they don't speak the butchered version of the Queen's English that we Americans seem to prefer.
    On a conference call, she went step by step through a detailed router configuration for someone I was assisting with a VPN issue.
  17. In Europe the situation is similar.
    All prices in $ are converted directly to EUR :(.

    Thats ridiculous. Why are we so ****?

    Dont want to even mention UK usually prices there are converted from $ to GBP 1to1

    here a 3870 costs around $250 (while in US you can find for $130)
  18. AMAZON.com does NOT ship to every place in the world for most of their products. Only small number of products like books and some other stuff ships to everywhere.

    Also shipping from other side of the world is not very practical because what happens if your card is not working or have a prob?

    Dont even mentioning the time it takes for a shipment to get from USA to Bulgaria - around 2 months
  19. wardancerx4 said:
    either way u look at it it costs more. if american companys are using indian firms to do american jobs ( the job are there becuase they work for less) well then dont complaine when u cant afford a graphic card. u work cheaper take our jobs, do worse service and speak in some accent that no american can understand and get paid less . get over it. your simply getting paid less thats why the jobs are in your country, its called save up. im sure your working so SAVE and get tha ati :)


    :hello:
    well, thanks to american companies, im earning almost $30,000 a year.. and im just 23.. and by third world standards, that's huge! HUGE!
  20. Quote:
    RADNOR: AMAZON.com ships to every place in the world as they say. For instance shipping from U.s To europe is about 56$.


    The following items can be shipped to almost all destinations outside the U.S.:

    * books*
    * DVDs
    * music
    * VHS videos

    Additionally, some software, tools, video games, jewelry, sporting goods, shoes, consumer electronics and kitchen items can be shipped to the following countries:

    Australia, Austria, Canada, Chile, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Taiwan, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United Arab Emirates.

    Limitations

    For products shipped internationally, please note that any manufacturer warranty may not be valid; manufacturer service options may not be available; product manuals, instructions and safety warnings may not be in destination country languages; the products (and accompanying materials) may not be designed in accordance with destination country standards, specifications, and labeling requirements; and the products may not conform to destination country voltage and other electrical standards (requiring use of an adapter or converter if appropriate). You are responsible for assuring that the product can be lawfully imported to the destination country. When ordering from Amazon.com, the recipient is the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the destination country.


    And i browsed AGAIN their shipped items. No, i don't wanna buy MONSTER cables or other ...gadgets. For that i go www.dealextreme.com. Their cheaper and no shipping costs. I could try ebay.com but official resellers just don't ship overseas.
    Thanks for suggesting, and if anybody find a nice retailer that ships to Europe, or that has nice prices in Europe, please tell.
  21. In Europe there is one shop (I dont' know in wath country) that sell the new ati hd4850 for 156 euros, I think that in USA the price won't go over 220$. It seems that the hd4850 beats the 8800gt, and probably also the 8800gts. The commercial strategy of amd/ati is to get down prices for make his products more competitive.
    Pheraps the change euro/dollar it isn't correct, in fact i USA products cost less than in Europe. How much is the percentage of taxes (I know that in Britain is called VAT, but i don't know in USA)) that you have to pay when you buy a products in USA (in Italy is 20%)?
    p.s.
    I'm learning english, excuse me for the mistakes. I hope you will understand the text.
  22. rawsteel said:
    In Europe the situation is similar.
    All prices in $ are converted directly to EUR :(.

    Thats ridiculous. Why are we so ****?

    Dont want to even mention UK usually prices there are converted from $ to GBP 1to1

    here a 3870 costs around $250 (while in US you can find for $130)


    Is being converted directly and 1to1 not the same thing ?
    your still better off than us anyway given the exchange rate. $ 10 = 6.49 Euro's and 5.14 Pounds so we should get them cheaper than you anyway, that is following your logic. Unfortunatly life isnt that simple and there are taxes to take into account.
    Mactronix
  23. @ Randor, i also live in spain and 250$ for a 3870 is way overpriced, the online shop i use pccomponentes gives a hd 3870 for 122€ thats 190$

    http://www.pccomponentes.com/TARJETAS_GRAFICAS_ATI_PCI_EXPRESS.html

    This shop is very good, speedy deliveries and good customer service
  24. radnor said:
    I'm in Spain atm, but dont feel too bad.

    A 3870 costs here 248.48 USD in the cheapest shop.
    A 9600GT cost here 271.85 USD in the cheapest shop.

    I have considered buying them in the states, the real problem is the warranty. Sometimes i see reviews in THG or Anand and i cry like a little girl because of the prices in the US. Of course you guys upgrade alot !!! With those prices !! I Would aswell !!


    For that price screw warranty! If it breaks you can buy another one.
  25. wrazor said:
    :fou: The pricing in India is just unbeleivable :heink: while i know, components will be 20-25% costly than US market, the differences between ati and nvidia products is unreal :sweat:
    9600GT is 210$ in my country, and 3870 is 350$ :pfff: This is conversion of Indian currency to US$. Anybody knows reasons for this?? In India GPUs are much more costly than cpus and mobos. cpus and mobos are mostly 5% in match with US prices. But GPUs are much more costly and ati cards are :??: What the hell. What can i do?? Sorry for the long post, but anybody else has faced similar problem elsewhere?? What have they done?? Am i being forced with nVidia :cry: ???


    Three simple answers:

    1) Shipping costs.

    2) Unaware buyers.

    3) The dealers are arseh0les.

    Here's what happens:

    An average Indian gamer/PC builder knows squat about GPUS, mobos and HDs. Person 'X' wants to build a PC....he goes to dealer 'A' (for arseh0le).... X has little idea as to what to buy ... just a vague idea of 250GB HD, some 256mb GPU, 1gb RAM and some nice supporting mobo. So A gives a crappy Intel 965 (or lower) mobo with a sh!teous 256mb GPU, an ancient gen HD and cheap PIRATED RAM ... charges X a towering price... a little haggling later the price is brought down a little...though still its outrageous and sans quality ...

    Now X population is more than 70% of the total PC builders. Dealer A buys just a few nos. of the new hardware and keeps it in the godown. An educated customer "Y" comes and asks him for relevant hardware like 8800GT and P35 mobo and poof ...A charges exhorbitant..... Y asks WHY?? A simply shows him the pricelist ... "look we sell 965 more since its more popular and thats why its cheaper and p35 and 8800GT is not popular and blah" and thats all there is.

    Sad state of affairs .. but its getting better by the month.

    Anyhow you find the cheapest prices in Mumbai retailers... you could buy the hardware there and have it transported to wherever you stay. Or you could just ask a friend in the U.S to bring it over to India.

    Can't argue with the govt. anyway. Manmohan Singh and b!tch Sonia might even blame it on the agricultural sector for GPU prices.
  26. i'm from belgium, almost the littlest country in europe. the 9600GT costs (xfx normal clock) 109, and a 8800GT xfx 158 euro

    it's the normal price i guess, exept that 3850 is more expensive as the 70 one
  27. wesbuck said:
    @ Randor, i also live in spain and 250$ for a 3870 is way overpriced, the online shop i use pccomponentes gives a hd 3870 for 122€ thats 190$

    http://www.pccomponentes.com/TARJETAS_GRAFICAS_ATI_PCI_EXPRESS.html

    This shop is very good, speedy deliveries and good customer service


    Thank you, im browsing now.
  28. Ye or if there is one of these shops nearby app informatica and do some nice deals, not really geared towards gamers, but can find some nice stuff on there.
    http://www.appinformatica.com/
    they have a list of shops have lots in the big provinces, I like using their shops, because at my local i go to it on friday place my order and the guy orders all of the weeks orders on the saturday and they come on tuesday usually, and don't have to pay for the shipping which is a bonus :) although sometimes it is is cheaper to use pccomponentes with the shipping and have a larger selection.
  29. @vochtige, Ye i think them prices are the average for european countries, just look out for deals, its worth the wait usually, also they're are some nice cards by a company called club3d circulating atm, which are really good for the price, i picked up a hd3870 oc edition by them recently for 140€, and it has a really good aftermarket cooler on it :)
  30. ^^Club3D is actually quite good for a 'cheap' brand, I got x1950gt from them thats been working just fine... :)
  31. VAT in the UK is 17,5% on this type of good. Similar for most European nations, although VAT is limited to a maximum of 20% by law.
  32. Maybe this has been done already... but would it be a good thing to have a sticky thread on online shops or shops in different countries that have good service and do good deals?


    Kinda our own "recommended" area.
  33. Amiga500 said:
    Maybe this has been done already... but would it be a good thing to have a sticky thread on online shops or shops in different countries that have good service and do good deals?


    Kinda our own "recommended" area.


    Im portuguese (living in spain atm) and in Portugal there is one very good shop for it. www.poweron.pt.
    really nifty prices on cpus and other parts aswell. As for the rest, well, this kind of market is kinda dead on Portugal.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics