Sign in with
Your question

Dual 9800 Gx2 on intel chipset (not in SLI)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 12, 2008 4:30:30 PM

I want to run dual 9800 gx2's, but I would prefer to get an Intel chipset. I want to run dual monitors, so SLI is unwanted, and since it can't be done on Intel chipset anyway, that doesn't matter. I have never run dual video cards not in SLI. Will I have any weird problems? I already checked the FAQ, found out the cards will run both gpu's, which is good to know. But I want to make sure both cards will work fine, and my dual monitors will both essentially be running sli (one gx2 per).

Also, will this cause problems with games, since each monitor will be running a different card? Example being, in some games you have to select the device, if only one divice can be selected, but the game runs dual monitors, will that not work for me? Any help would be appreciated.
a b U Graphics card
June 16, 2008 7:29:53 PM

I would like to ask a similar question. If I get a 9800 GX2, do I need a mobo that supports SLI (Nvidia chipset) to use it? Or does the dual GPUs on a single card work differently, such that it works the same on an Intel chipset?
June 16, 2008 8:07:40 PM

no you don't need an sli capable motherboard. As for chipset I'd keep it over nforce 680i to have the performance.
!