Here we go again. Recently, when online & trying to open a PDF site my
screen flickers and can't even control the mouse-so I restart. I thought,
maybe, it had something to do with my Adobe Reader 7, 7.01, 7.02. So I
removed the 7.0 from mt Pc & tried to re-download from Adobe. Keep getting
error 1155 & am told to associate a file type in folder options. I don't
know hoe to do that. Help, please?
P.S. on the Adobe help site many people have this same issue but I can
find no resolutions. Also how do you delete spelling errors in this
forum-usual approach does not work?
--
Thanks-Alan

It sounds like an adobe issue. If you've uninstalled Adobe Reader try using
FoxIt Reader. This is a free, simple executive with nothing to install.
http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php

When you click a link with a .pdf extension you will be asked if you want to
Open or Save. Select Open and the .pdf will open

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 05:54:29 -0700, odeek9 wrote:

> Here we go again. Recently, when online & trying to open a PDF site my
> screen flickers and can't even control the mouse-so I restart. I thought,
> maybe, it had something to do with my Adobe Reader 7, 7.01, 7.02. So I
> removed the 7.0 from mt Pc & tried to re-download from Adobe. Keep getting
> error 1155 & am told to associate a file type in folder options. I don't
> know hoe to do that. Help, please?
> P.S. on the Adobe help site many people have this same issue but I can
> find no resolutions. Also how do you delete spelling errors in this
> forum-usual approach does not work?

Alan, I went to the Adobe Support> Main page and then elected to search
their Knowledge Base. Entering "error 1155" into the search box gave a link
to this article:
http://www.adobe.com/support/salesdocs/1008538.html

I have Adobe Reader 7.x installed and working here but recently tried an
alternative PDF reader, Foxit PDF reader, recommended by MVP Harry O:
http://www.foxitsoftware.com
It's free and does a *very* respectable job rendering most PDF documents.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Thanks Sharon-I'll try both of your suggestions, Alan
--
Thanks-Alan

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 06:57:01 -0700, odeek9 wrote:

> Thanks Sharon-I'll try both of your suggestions, Alan

You're welcome and good luck, Alan
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User