Advice on large & good airflow case

X3qtor

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
Hey everyone, sry to make yet another "case advice" thread. I've read some of the other threads who seemed to be of common interest but couldn't really find anything close to my needs. So i'll just jump to my questions and try making it short :
Preferences :
-Plenty of space (need to make sure it's "future-proof" regarding next gen monster HSF's and GPU's, planning to keep it for at least 5-6 years)
-Very good airflow, i'm not going to be doing any watercooling so ventilation is a big MUST (i will OC for ~25-50%), so it should have at least 3x120 mm fans good QA, and decent wire management capabilities
-Screwless mounting would be sweet
-It can have any amount of external-internal bays, i will only use 2 external 5.25", 2 internal 5.25" + 1 3.25"
-The lower the noise the better, although i am not so touchy when it comes to sound, i don't sleep with the rig near me and when it's on it's mostly non-stop music :D
-I have my own PSU so it must not include one
-It can have any weight up to 50 kilos :p, i don't "lan party" and my last case has sit in the same place for the last 4 years, i almost forgot it's there :p
-Black is a must or at least silver/black
-Mobo tray would be cool but it is not a must
-Transparent side panel (mostly a must since i love having led's all over my case :D, but i could live without if the case rocks)
-Must not be aluminium (don't like it and weight is of no issue)

So the list i came up with sounds a bit like this :

-Raidmax Smilodon 80$ and lots of feats make it kinda attractive although i heard airflow sucks (i could possibly replace the case fans with noctuas or something better)

-Antec 300 same price with smilodon, but i don't know much about this case, besides not having many feats but good airflow

-Antec 900 ~120$ heard alot of good stuff about it, i'm still pending to add this somewhere between the raidmax and the antec 1200

-Coolermaster CM690, heard some good stuff about this too, price is the same as antec 900, doesn't look so solid or/and durable, seems quiet though, no transparent side panel makes me cry, don't know anything about airflow or other feats

-Coolermaster Centurion 590 same price with cm690, but i don't know anything about it

-Antec 1200 (a bit over my budget, but will break my piggie bank if you're replies say it's worth the money) only downside i heard it's kinda narrow compared to the 900 so when mounting very tall HSF you have to remove the side fan, which seems pretty bad to general airflow

-Akasa AK-BKCSE-01 (Eclipse 62) same price with antec 1200, supports E-ATX and ATX, aluminium (although it has no plus for me), has wheels (no plus for me), modular construction (this means !?)

-Enermax ECA5001-B Uber Chakra seems cool, priced at 180$

-SilverStone TEMJIN TJ-05B same as the chakra 180$ but don't know any details

-Thermaltake Armor Jr VC3000BWS same 180$ price, same no details :(

That's about it, i have to appologise that there are so many, but i'm going to buy them from an e-store, so i won't get a chance to feel/see them before i make the purchase. I hope i won't be taken as a lazy ass but around here where i live there are just a few pc stores that bring cases to their show-rooms, and unfortunately what they bring is either 250$> or <100 $. As u probably realised already my budget for the case starts at 80$ and goes up to a maximum of 200$ (antec 1200). Just as a reminder i am mostly interested in "future-proof" of the case regarding SPACE and AIRFLOW, and feats/silence comes just as a 2nd step decision.

Big thanks in advance to everyone who bothered reading this "wall of text", and double big thanks to anyone willing to share their opinions/knowledge with me :D :bounce:

X3qtor

G

get a nzxt zero case... 8 fans that all work great... I have it and its awsome

even though the fans work great I'm thinking of upgrading the exhaust fans