Chassis in a Closet

shawshank152

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
Dear All,

First time to this Forum and need you help. A Big Thank You in advance!!

Due to my limited space, I need to put my chassis in a closet where only the front has ventilation (both sides and rear face wood boards).

My system is Q9550 + HD4870 and using a Mid Tower Chassis. Do you think it will be a big problem to control the temprature? Do you think an external water cooling system can help? Please recommend me a cooling solution below US$300.

Thanks a million!!!

...it depends on ventilation in your closet, and the amount of other stuff in there. If the computer has adequate airflow from outside it's case (inside the closet), then you shouldn't have a problem. If not? Then it would definitely run hotter.

Any room for a more creative solution? For example: Some years ago, I knew a guy who took apart a spare case and used the pieces to convert a desk drawer for the same reason - no space elsewhere. Not to mention it was pretty frikkin' cool. I just wish I still had pictures of it.

shawshank152

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
Thanks a lot for your advices. I'm afraid this is no enough airflow outside of the case and your friends' creative idea might be quite tough for me as well:)

Do you think a water cooling system with pumps and radiators placed outside of the closet could solve the problem? Thanks a lot!!