M2N32 SLI Deluxe and 9650SE 4LPML

Zeta09

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2008
Hello Everyone.

I have the above two products and need advice. Perhaps this is more of a PCIe question but I have tried to place the 3Ware 9650SE card I have in the 2nd PCIe slot (x16) and attempted to have it work there but it does not seem to work. It hasn't worked in the dedicated x4 slot even (new card, but light always shows amber and is not ID'd during boot up) I have googled both the board and card and seen some instances of them together. Folks on other forums speak of having these two play nice but I haven't gotten it yet. I know the primary slot on this board is default 16x but can I force the 2nd PCIe slot to a operate at a smaller lane?? (x8 or x4??)

I have a M2N SLI and a 9650SE 8LPML and they worked perfectly right out of the box no special settings. 8LPML is a x4 like the 4LPML and is in the 2nd PCIe slot (black) of the M2N and worked like a charm.

I have the 2001 BIOS now for the M2N32 SLI Deluxe and the RAID card still isn't getting the correct lane freq (tried diff freq for the PCIe slot, and changed freq of NB & SB and still no go).

Any suggestions?

Links or ideas??

Thanks in advance

TRENDING THREADS