Happy 4th Of July Fellow Americans!

Plan on getting wasted today?

• Yes

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 18 60.0%
  • Already am

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Yes, but because its Friday (Not cause its the 4th)

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters

SirCrono

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
I'm getting wasted today at my friend's birthday party, I live in South America so technically I am American too, just not from the USA (get a name already).

And it's hard to call american way of life "culture" you know.

Technically yes. But in a way you are from your country. In a technical way I am a Texan (born in Texas). But we are just Americans and we like the USA as a name so nah.

I might get wasted. Have a brand new bottle of Vodka in my freezer. But it would probably take half the bottle or more as last time I drank 1/3 of the bottle and didn't even get touched.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008

Same here, I don't drink either but im sure im going to see/hear some drunk people make those "Safe & Sane" fireworks not so safe and sane.

chaosgs

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
Drunks + Fireworks = Hilarious. Haha my friends parents friends drink and do fireworks, someone usually gets hit with something (rocket and the cannon things). We always throw firecrackers at each other. Good old Texans and good old America. All that while we eat Texan BBQ! Texas is like the first or second fatest state and for good reason, we cook the best Grub on the planet.

Heh, getting wasted. That one's for the kids. Most people I know grew out of that when they turned 21 and getting booze lost its "illegal appeal." If you're over 21 and get smashed and puke all over, piss yourself, do idiotic things because people tell you to, or drive drunk and run your truck through some guy's living room, you just end up looking like a complete moron. You should have learned to handle your liquor already and are old enough to know better than to get yourself in stupid situations. But, if everybody acted like a mature adult, what else would we talk about on lunch break? Administrators, professors, or the used-to-be-hot-but-still-thinks-she's-hot secretary coming in with a massive hangover after drinking a third of a fifth or two bottles of wine is a much better topic of discussion than the weather, soap operas, Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea or who is cheating on/dating/screwing/has a crush on who.

exit2dos

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006

I do enough of that sober.