Can i overclock this board?

Tarmacian

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2009
I have a AMD 7750 x2 cpu, with a Gigabyte GA-M61PME-S2P Motherboard, I tried to use the overclocking utility that came with my motherboard but the overclocking button is greyed out. how can i do this manually?

columbusbobby23

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
Tarmacian I have that exact motherboard and chip that i bought last week.
I am having the same problem. I tried downloading EasyTune5 Pro but those buttons are greyed out as well. Have you tried to change the settings in the Bios?

When i go to the Bios to try and Overclock it there the bios wont let me do it.
The settings are there but they are greyed out too.

I flashed the bios to version F2 but that didn't help.

Also on the box it says DDR2 1066, It even says DDR2 1066 on the actual board itself.
I have a pair of OCZ 2Gig 1066 Chips but when i boot it up it says:
4Gig DDR2 800 Unganged : 64Bit

I would love to get my ram to go to its intended speed of 1066 as well as do some overclocking to my system.

I sent an E-mail to Gigabyte and I'm waiting for them to reply.
I will post here as soon as i here back from them.

In the meantime please let me know if you have solved this problem.
If anybody else has any theories that could possibly help me on this i would very much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

BobbyD23

jelliot12000

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2009
has anyone found out a solution to this? I have gone into the bios submenu and input all of the settings i found online that have been tested. can't get anything to load. tried the easytune 5 and no dice. really wanting to get this going. Anyone point me in the right direction?

joshuaw

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
try updating the bios to F3, unlock the advanced bios menu by clicking Ctrl + F1. Enter the advanced bios menu and then increase your CPU clock speed to about 210 and the PCI express speed to about 105. Note every time you increase the cpu clock your pci express speed must be half that. Increase in gradients of 5mhz or 2mhz until you cant go anymore. I got to 2165.5 mhz core speed , 1082.7 mhz HT with a Athlon 3200+ its stock speed is 2000mhz. I didnt try to overclock any further.

Always Ctrl + F1 for advanced options.

Drop your HT link to 4x
Lock your PCIe to 100MHz
Drop your memory ratio from 400 to 333

This should give you the 'headroom' to raise the system clock (CPU Freq) up to as high as 240MHz-250MHz if the MB can take it (and you have adequate cooling). It is best to keep your HT link speed at 1000MHz or less. The general rule of thumb is as long as it is faster than your RAMs speed you will not see a substantial decline in memory performance.

With the clock at 240MHz your RAMs will be running 240x3.33, or 800MHz. Your HT link speed will be 4x240, or 960MHz. See how that works? Everything is tied to the system clock so you must drop back your memory divider and HT link speed to keep them within spec.

If the CPU multiplier is unlocked (as with the X2 7750 Kuma) you must disable C&Q to raise the multi above stock. If you are using the system clock to OC it is not really necessary to disable C&Q, though some folks feel that shutting it down helps for a more stable overclock.