Sign in with
Your question

P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe won't boot after flashing BIOS

Last response: in Motherboards
July 26, 2008 9:39:08 PM

I just updated my BIOS to the latest version, and now my computer won't boot. It says disk error, press ctrl+alt+del to restart. What I did notice is that the bios settings did not have RAID enabled, but rather SATA II only. So, I re-enabled RAID, and I have the same problem. I also noticed that, instead of the Nvidia Mediashield utility, it now is using a Silicon Image 3132 utility. If I try and enter the setup, I get an error that says "No device detected, utility disabled. Press any key to continue."

Did a different version of the motherboard come out that uses a different raid controller? I think the issue is that the BIOS is trying to use a RAID controller that I don't have, instead of NVRaid. Any ideas as to how to fix this thing?
July 26, 2008 10:00:12 PM

Nevermind, a setting in BIOS got disabled... It's back now.
July 27, 2008 1:27:50 AM

This is what you do. You pull the cmos battery on the motherboard and do the cmos clear jumper. The same thing happenned to me on my p5n32e-sli. I'm guessing when you power up it starts then stops every 5 to 10 seconds. Just pull t6hey cmos battery do a cmos reset and it should solve your problems
Related resources
November 22, 2009 2:47:55 AM

Mothrog,

What BOIS setting did you see that was disabled? My p5n32-SLI just did the same thing to me. It booted with the BIOS having been set to defaults. I set the SATA mode back to RAID, but it still doesn't run the utility. I downloaded the latest BIOS and I now have your error message, "No device detected. Utility disabled ! ..."
November 22, 2009 3:50:28 AM

OK. I figured it out. Here is what you have to do:
1. Under Advanced, set Silicon SATAII Controller to RAID Mode
2. Under Advanced, select Serial ATA Configuratioin. Make these settings:
a. Serial-ATA Controller: Enabled
b. RAID Enabled: Enabled
c. SATA 1...6 RAID: Enabled if a raid drive is used on this channel.

Then it saw my stripe arrays and I was able to boot again.
!