Sign in with
Your question

Size of Next-Gen video cards

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 13, 2008 5:24:53 PM

Is it me or are the graphics cards getting way to big? Almost to the point where they won't fit in any case besides a full ATX tower. I own a Raidmax Sagitta 2 case, and I believe even a geForce 8 series won't fit into it...

More about : size gen video cards

a c 130 U Graphics card
June 13, 2008 8:48:09 PM

Tell you what if one of those new ATI cards dot fit in my new coolmaster case im gonna be very pissed :fou: 
Mactronix :) 
June 13, 2008 9:18:49 PM

the next gen cards will be 13 feet long, and 3 feet wide, and require 1.21 jigawatts to run
Related resources
June 14, 2008 3:44:10 AM

Yeah, its just getting ridiculous that video cards require a huge cooling fan because the chips they produce apparently overheat than the usual limit, and I heard a three slot cooling fan may be needed in the future - you thought a dual slot cooling fan was bad enough already.
a b U Graphics card
June 14, 2008 3:48:25 AM

Bleh, you small fry!

That's not a card, ... Now THAT'S A CARD!

BTW, the new cards are about the same as the last generation's card (GTX a tiny bit bigger), and smaller than the X2 and GX2 cards.
a b U Graphics card
June 14, 2008 2:22:59 PM

Now that's big mate. :) 

They may be getting heavy, but are not long compared to VLB graphics cards or an SB16.

9 inch 8800GS pawned by the SB 32 AWE pnp ;) 

a b U Graphics card
June 14, 2008 2:27:37 PM

I think thats a pic o the crokoape dundee heheh
a b U Graphics card
June 14, 2008 9:34:45 PM

WooHoo ISA !!

Time for a comeback, ATi does AGP, nV does PCi, now ISA for S3 !! ;) 

a b U Graphics card
June 14, 2008 10:27:20 PM

TheGreatGrapeApe said:
WooHoo ISA !!

Time for a comeback, ATi does AGP, nV does PCi, now ISA for S3 !! ;) 

:)  What about Matrox?

I just scraped 12 old (486 and classic pentium) machines and three ancient phone boxes I had buried in the basement and the two graphics cards and the SB16(far right) were among the pulled parts I held onto. 4 hours later got 28 bucks for the light iron scrap. :sarcastic:  Spent $21 of it at Mickey D's cause the kids wanted their Kung fu Panda happy meals. :pt1cable:  Still gotta go take a big box of PCB's somewhere. The huge SB32 awe was one of my oldies though. Anyway, at least I recovered some storage space.
!