Size of Next-Gen video cards

Abydosone

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2008
Is it me or are the graphics cards getting way to big? Almost to the point where they won't fit in any case besides a full ATX tower. I own a Raidmax Sagitta 2 case, and I believe even a geForce 8 series won't fit into it...

John Vuong

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, its just getting ridiculous that video cards require a huge cooling fan because the chips they produce apparently overheat than the usual limit, and I heard a three slot cooling fan may be needed in the future - you thought a dual slot cooling fan was bad enough already.

Bleh, you small fry!

That's not a card, ... Now THAT'S A CARD!

atisimfusion7000wj3.jpg

BTW, the new cards are about the same as the last generation's card (GTX a tiny bit bigger), and smaller than the X2 and GX2 cards.

pauldh

Illustrious

:) What about Matrox?

I just scraped 12 old (486 and classic pentium) machines and three ancient phone boxes I had buried in the basement and the two graphics cards and the SB16(far right) were among the pulled parts I held onto. 4 hours later got 28 bucks for the light iron scrap. :sarcastic: Spent $21 of it at Mickey D's cause the kids wanted their Kung fu Panda happy meals. :pt1cable: Still gotta go take a big box of PCB's somewhere. The huge SB32 awe was one of my oldies though. Anyway, at least I recovered some storage space.

TRENDING THREADS