E8400 and GA-EP35-DS3R- time is ticking

eckosof

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
ok everyone, after meeting with my advisors i have come to a decision on my new CPU/mobo combo. Through extensive research i have decided to get a E8400 and a GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3R. Its primarily a gaming rig, dual monitor action, constant apps running are(winamp, opera/firefox, Skype, pidgin, mirc, Teamspeak and gamecam v2). If you have any reason to believe im making a bad decision please speak now and why. Im ordering in about 25 minutes after i gather my thoughts.

Thank you in advance

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
ytou multi-task with dual monitor anything but a quad is a major error!

that mobo is poor oc and has limited bios options asus is better, the quad is better - your adviser needs to talk to me.

quad is the only way to go!

if you game only and you have heat issues ok - but intel prativally thoughs in the second core for free!

the E8500 is better for max oc at lower fsb

but then again, you may just want a normal pc and the E8500 is fine.

Annisman

Distinguished
May 5, 2007
No, that Mobo is excellent, it allowed me to take my E2160 from 1.8Ghz to 3.4Ghz on Air cooling. BUT you need to find the correct Bios to do this. There is a bug with the bios that is shipped with that Mobo. Download this BIOS if you go with that motherboard, and all will be fine. http://rs219.rapidshare.com/files/121053950/ep35ds3l.zip

Gigabyte denies that there is a Bios bug, so congrats to who ever leaked this BIOS. Have fun.