Unchanged AT&T WIreless stores to remain?

Last response: in Network Providers
a b F Wireless
January 28, 2005 10:02:50 PM

I have previously posted how many AT&T Wireless stores I see that remain
with their large AT&T Wireless signs out front, even though Cingular
issued a press release saying they all had been converted on November 15.

The merger stipulated that on April 23 Cingular is to lose the right to
continue to use the AT&T Wireless name, and it reverts to AT&T.

HOWEVER

SBC, majority owner of Cingular, is now negotiating to buy AT&T, which
if a deal is struck soon, may result in AT&T to "allow" Cingular to
continue to use the AT&T Wireless name.

Might even be a clever marketing move. Cingular would have an emphasis
on consumer sales, AT&T Wireless could emphasize business sales.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 29, 2005 4:46:29 AM

The sign on the store near my office was changed to Cingular on Tuesday. I
guess they missed that memo about November 15.

>I have previously posted how many AT&T Wireless stores I see that remain
> with their large AT&T Wireless signs out front, even though Cingular
> issued a press release saying they all had been converted on November 15.
>
> The merger stipulated that on April 23 Cingular is to lose the right to
> continue to use the AT&T Wireless name, and it reverts to AT&T.
>
> HOWEVER
>
> SBC, majority owner of Cingular, is now negotiating to buy AT&T, which
> if a deal is struck soon, may result in AT&T to "allow" Cingular to
> continue to use the AT&T Wireless name.
>
> Might even be a clever marketing move. Cingular would have an emphasis
> on consumer sales, AT&T Wireless could emphasize business sales.
January 29, 2005 9:08:00 AM

Jack, you need to get over this obsession you have with their signs. I'm
glad they're worrying about things that matter. Maybe they're still deciding
which stores to keep and don't want to sink money in changing signs that
they're going to close? Who cares?

"getoverit" <gbarrettlaptop@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> The sign on the store near my office was changed to Cingular on Tuesday.
> I guess they missed that memo about November 15.
>

> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>>I have previously posted how many AT&T Wireless stores I see that remain
>> with their large AT&T Wireless signs out front, even though Cingular
>> issued a press release saying they all had been converted on November 15.
>>
>> The merger stipulated that on April 23 Cingular is to lose the right to
>> continue to use the AT&T Wireless name, and it reverts to AT&T.
>>
>> HOWEVER
>>
>> SBC, majority owner of Cingular, is now negotiating to buy AT&T, which
>> if a deal is struck soon, may result in AT&T to "allow" Cingular to
>> continue to use the AT&T Wireless name.
>>
>> Might even be a clever marketing move. Cingular would have an emphasis
>> on consumer sales, AT&T Wireless could emphasize business sales.

a b F Wireless
January 29, 2005 2:15:14 PM

In article <4LFKd.37580$8u5.22802@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,
"JohnF" <u85721@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Jack, you need to get over this obsession you have with their signs. I'm
> glad they're worrying about things that matter. Maybe they're still deciding
> which stores to keep and don't want to sink money in changing signs that
> they're going to close? Who cares?

Did you ever read the press release?

<http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/micro_stories.pl?ACCT...
UL1&STORY=/www/story/11-16-2004/0002458939&EDATE=Nov+16,+2004>

Teams of Cingular employees spent Sunday night fully converting 1,055
former AT&T Wireless company-owned stores into Cingular stores.
January 29, 2005 2:15:15 PM

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 11:15:14 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com>
wrote:

>In article <4LFKd.37580$8u5.22802@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,
> "JohnF" <u85721@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Jack, you need to get over this obsession you have with their signs. I'm
>> glad they're worrying about things that matter. Maybe they're still deciding
>> which stores to keep and don't want to sink money in changing signs that
>> they're going to close? Who cares?
>
>Did you ever read the press release?
>
><http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/micro_stories.pl?ACCT...
>UL1&STORY=/www/story/11-16-2004/0002458939&EDATE=Nov+16,+2004>
>
>Teams of Cingular employees spent Sunday night fully converting 1,055
>former AT&T Wireless company-owned stores into Cingular stores.

You seem to be the only one who is really concerned about *signs!*
Give it up already! Sheesh!

a b F Wireless
January 30, 2005 1:08:51 AM

> Did you ever read the press release?
>
> <http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/micro_stories.pl?ACCT...
> UL1&STORY=/www/story/11-16-2004/0002458939&EDATE=Nov+16,+2004>
>
> Teams of Cingular employees spent Sunday night fully converting 1,055
> former AT&T Wireless company-owned stores into Cingular stores.

You said it yourself -- "1,055 former AT&T Wireless company-owned
stores", it DID NOT say ALL former AT&T Wireless company-owned stores.

Get over it.

TH
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 30, 2005 3:05:35 AM

In article <41FC0973.2050801@example.net>,
Tropical Haven <user@example.net> wrote:

> > Did you ever read the press release?
> >
> > <http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/micro_stories.pl?ACCT...
> > UL1&STORY=/www/story/11-16-2004/0002458939&EDATE=Nov+16,+2004>
> >
> > Teams of Cingular employees spent Sunday night fully converting 1,055
> > former AT&T Wireless company-owned stores into Cingular stores.
>
> You said it yourself -- "1,055 former AT&T Wireless company-owned
> stores", it DID NOT say ALL former AT&T Wireless company-owned stores.

Read it. The ones not done were "agent locations", not company stores.
Jeeez
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 30, 2005 3:49:10 AM

>>>Teams of Cingular employees spent Sunday night fully converting 1,055
>>>former AT&T Wireless company-owned stores into Cingular stores.
>>
>>You said it yourself -- "1,055 former AT&T Wireless company-owned
>>stores", it DID NOT say ALL former AT&T Wireless company-owned stores.
>

> Read it. The ones not done were "agent locations", not company stores.
> Jeeez

That's still not what it said. It basically said agent stores were
going to be switching over in the foreseeable future. It still didn't
mentional ALL ATTWS corporate stores.

TH
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 30, 2005 4:47:46 AM

In article <41FC2F07.9070208@example.net>,

> >>You said it yourself -- "1,055 former AT&T Wireless company-owned
> >>stores", it DID NOT say ALL former AT&T Wireless company-owned stores.
> >

> > Read it. The ones not done were "agent locations", not company stores.
> > Jeeez
>
> That's still not what it said. It basically said agent stores were
> going to be switching over in the foreseeable future. It still didn't
> mentional ALL ATTWS corporate stores.

Yes it did, and you know it otherwise you wouldn't have snipped out the
link.

<http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/micro_stories.pl?ACCT...
UL1&STORY=/www/story/11-16-2004/0002458939&EDATE=Nov+16,+2004>
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 1, 2005 1:54:05 PM

In <jzwick3-DB378C.14190229012005@news1.west.earthlink.net> on Sat, 29 Jan
2005 20:19:10 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

>In article <a1fnv01ccml414ps9okj0so1hvu7orq1vv@4ax.com>,
> Joseph <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 11:15:14 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com>
>> wrote:

>> >Did you ever read the press release?
>> >
>> ><http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/micro_stories.pl?ACCT...
>> >UL1&STORY=/www/story/11-16-2004/0002458939&EDATE=Nov+16,+2004>
>> >
>> >Teams of Cingular employees spent Sunday night fully converting 1,055
>> >former AT&T Wireless company-owned stores into Cingular stores.
>>
>> You seem to be the only one who is really concerned about *signs!*
>> Give it up already! Sheesh!
>
>The signs are just a symbol of Cingular's lying. ...

Total nonsense.

--
Best regards,
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/&gt;

"A little learning is a dangerous thing." [Alexander Pope]
"It is better to sit in silence and appear ignorant,
than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." [Mark Twain]
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 1, 2005 1:55:22 PM

In <jzwick3-747D8C.19460429012005@news1.west.earthlink.net> on Sun, 30 Jan
2005 01:47:46 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

>> > Read it. The ones not done were "agent locations", not company stores.
>> > Jeeez
>>
>> That's still not what it said. It basically said agent stores were
>> going to be switching over in the foreseeable future. It still didn't
>> mentional ALL ATTWS corporate stores.
>
>Yes it did,

No it didn't.

>and you know it otherwise you wouldn't have snipped out the
>link.
>
><http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/micro_stories.pl?ACCT...
>UL1&STORY=/www/story/11-16-2004/0002458939&EDATE=Nov+16,+2004>

Doesn't say what you claim, as has been pointed out to you repeatedly.

--
Best regards,
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/&gt;

"A little learning is a dangerous thing." [Alexander Pope]
"It is better to sit in silence and appear ignorant,
than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." [Mark Twain]
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
April 21, 2005 2:55:22 AM

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 11:15:14 +0000, Jack Zwick wrote:

> In article <4LFKd.37580$8u5.22802@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,
> "JohnF" <u85721@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Jack, you need to get over this obsession you have with their signs. I'm
>> glad they're worrying about things that matter. Maybe they're still
>> deciding which stores to keep and don't want to sink money in changing
>> signs that they're going to close? Who cares?
>
> Did you ever read the press release?
>
> <http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/micro_stories.pl?ACCT...
> UL1&STORY=/www/story/11-16-2004/0002458939&EDATE=Nov+16,+2004>
>
> Teams of Cingular employees spent Sunday night fully converting 1,055
> former AT&T Wireless company-owned stores into Cingular stores.

Which, to a reasonable person, would mean that they now have Cingular
phones and displays, remove AT&T literature, etc.

A local Eckerd drug store converted to CVS before November 15th. They
still have a plastic CVS sign partially covering the old Eckerd sign.
!