Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Where to buy window7

Last response: in Windows 7
December 8, 2009 4:42:39 PM

I've just received my Acer 5332 laptop which I ordered from Tesco's. According to the ad I would be eligable for an upgrade to Windows 7, but when I visited Microsoft's site, it seemed that that was not the case. Where would I get hold of a copy? I do not have a credit card and the sites I have visited(Amazon/ Microsoft Store) only accepts Maestro credit cards as means of payment. Could anyone please give me some advice.

More about : buy window7

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
December 8, 2009 6:44:30 PM

Try Newegg, below extract from their website.

"How can I pay for my Newegg purchase?

Visa
MasterCard
Discover Network
American Express
Newegg Preferred Account
Bill Me Later
PayPal
Newegg Gift Card
Pre-paid Company Check, Personal Check, Cashier's Check or Money Order (Note: All Prepaid Orders, including Cashier's Checks, take longer to process because they must first be cleared with the bank)"
Windows 7 OS link:
http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategor...
a c 395 $ Windows 7
December 8, 2009 6:57:35 PM

i agree newegg!
m
l
Related resources
December 8, 2009 7:01:37 PM

Jonmor68 said:
Try Newegg, below extract from their website.

"How can I pay for my Newegg purchase?

Visa
MasterCard
Discover Network
American Express
Newegg Preferred Account
Bill Me Later
PayPal
Newegg Gift Card
Pre-paid Company Check, Personal Check, Cashier's Check or Money Order (Note: All Prepaid Orders, including Cashier's Checks, take longer to process because they must first be cleared with the bank)"
Windows 7 OS link:
http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategor...

Thank you very much - this helped a lot!! :) 
m
l
December 8, 2009 9:39:58 PM

....Although it seems as if they only ship to United States!! But thanks anyway for your effort! :??: 
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 8, 2009 10:05:42 PM

Telling what country you are in would help get a more appropriate response.
m
l
December 9, 2009 5:51:17 AM

I am so sorry! I am in the UK at the moment, I do not know the country (from South Africa) and I did not realise that Tesco is in USA too.
m
l
December 9, 2009 3:06:47 PM

And now I have another (stupid?) question - what's this thing about 32-bit and 64-bit. How does it influence the specific version of Windows 7 that I should upgrade to?
m
l
a c 215 $ Windows 7
December 9, 2009 3:39:06 PM

I would go with 64 bit anyway.... 4GB of ram is quickly becoming standard on new computers (except for netbooks). Even if you don't have 4GB, or aren't planning it for the initial build, you will probably want to add more ram later. In order to fully utilize that extra ram, you will need a 64 bit OS. If you buy 64 bit now, you weon't have to buy it later, and back up your data and reinstall Windows (since 32 bit cannot be upgraded to 64 bit, the drive must be wiped and a clean install performed).
m
l
!