HDD to SSD clone

Tags:
  • SSD
  • Hard Drives
  • Software
  • Windows Vista
Last response: in Windows Vista
November 27, 2012 5:11:59 PM

anyone know a good, free or otherwise, cloning software that i can use to clone an HDD to SSD?

More about : hdd ssd clone

November 27, 2012 5:56:28 PM

Hey ksiemb,

I know my questions of late may make me sound like a complete novice, however, what I am is more indecisive, irresolute.

I know how to do a google, or in your case bing search. what i am looking for is a more general consensus of opinion. I remember what you said about free software and was looking for a more concise answer. Also, since i know you will get this, can you recommend a good backup program, again, free is not a necessity.

Thank, Erik
m
l
Related resources
November 27, 2012 6:09:03 PM

EzRiIgK said:
Hey ksiemb,

I know my questions of late may make me sound like a complete novice, however, what I am is more indecisive, irresolute.

I know how to do a google, or in your case bing search. what i am looking for is a more general consensus of opinion. I remember what you said about free software and was looking for a more concise answer. Also, since i know you will get this, can you recommend a good backup program, again, free is not a necessity.

Thank, Erik

Hello again Erik ! I have seen many posts on this forum, recommending Macrium as a very good backup software. (Free version also)
http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

Personally, I have been using Acronis Backup since early XP days, and it has saved me a couple of times when Windows restore could not, with their PFKEY restore option which kicks in before Windows begins to load.

Ken
m
l
November 27, 2012 6:46:05 PM

hey Ken,

Now thats more what I was looking for. I see that you have been involved with tom's hardware for some time now and had hoped that (you or someone else) would have the insight, as opposed to me having to read thru a 100 other posts. The Acronis' PFKEY sounds just like something i could have used about a week ago. Thanks for the advice, will do some reading then see what is the best to buy. Just to be sure are you talking aobut Acronis True Image 2013 PC Backup & Recovery or Acronis® Disk Director® 11 Home. Wanna make sure i get the correct one. Afraid to trust any of them anymore!!!!!

Erik
m
l

Best solution

November 27, 2012 6:55:17 PM

EzRiIgK said:
hey Ken,

Now thats more what I was looking for. I see that you have been involved with tom's hardware for some time now and had hoped that (you or someone else) would have the insight, as opposed to me having to read thru a 100 other posts. The Acronis' PFKEY sounds just like something i could have used about a week ago. Thanks for the advice, will do some reading then see what is the best to buy. Just to be sure are you talking aobut Acronis True Image 2013 PC Backup & Recovery or Acronis® Disk Director® 11 Home. Wanna make sure i get the correct one. Afraid to trust any of them anymore!!!!!

Erik

I am referring to Acronis True Image 2013 PC Backup & Recovery.

Acronis Disk Director 11 Home is HDD management software for Windows to Create hard disk partitions or resize, move or merge partitions without data loss..
November 27, 2012 6:57:48 PM

Got it. Thanks alot.

Erik!
m
l
January 14, 2013 7:26:19 PM

Best answer selected by EzRiIgK.
m
l
!