CPU UCODE ERROR....

nethanjavier

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2008
Hello everyone...Im new here in TH and i hope you can help me with my simple problem...I have a mobo which is Asus P5L-MX and my CPU is Pentium Dual Core E2180 and when i start up my system it says "CPU UCODE error press F1 for setup"....Help me with this please...IMO this error is about my BIOS so my solution is to update my BIOS so i install ASUS UPDATE but i dont know how to use it...is it safe to update thru internet??..can you please help me everyone...if it is okay for the step by step instruction...please....

Scarchunk

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
Yep you need a BIOS update. I've used Asus Update just fine, but don't let it install over the net. This always failed for me. Download the BIOS to your machine locally and then browse to the file in Asus Update. This has always worked well for me.

nethanjavier

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2008
But from what i have read over the internet,it seems like in DOS command that is manually type...is this correct in ASUS UPDATE or its just like click click for simple task??..please help.....Thanks in Advance..

nethanjavier

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2008
Please everyone out there..please help me with this problem....please...and also what kind of bios should i downloaded,a DOS Bios or a ALL OS BIOS??..please help...