Sign in with
Your question

Hcl laptop bios/cmos repair

Last response: in Windows Vista
November 29, 2012 4:57:32 AM

Hello ladies n gentlemen,

i am unable to access only some files in my laptop. whenever i tried to open them i am getting a message " access denied login as administrator ". as there is no administrator password or i have ever set any password to my windows vista or xp, i am unable to understand why i am getting that message & why i am unable to open those files. can any one help me plz....

also i am unable make any modifications in BIOS/CMOS. i can go to them i cannot make any modifications. i cannot even set an user password for my laptop.

can anyone help me please.......
a b D Laptop
November 29, 2012 6:39:57 AM

knigh376 said:
Hello ladies n gentlemen,

i am unable to access only some files in my laptop. whenever i tried to open them i am getting a message " access denied login as administrator ". as there is no administrator password or i have ever set any password to my windows vista or xp, i am unable to understand why i am getting that message & why i am unable to open those files. can any one help me plz....

also i am unable make any modifications in BIOS/CMOS. i can go to them i cannot make any modifications. i cannot even set an user password for my laptop.

can anyone help me please.......

If you have been on the internet, with a logon that has no password, you have made it easier for someone to infect your system. My first take, is that your system has picked up a virus, or other type of Malware that needs to be cleaned (removed). You might try a Windows restore back to a date before this started happening, but those may have been affected also. Run your AV scan and try some other free scanners for malware. Can also download rescue disk or USB from AV vendors and burn a CD/USB to boot from to attempt cleaning the system.
m
l
December 5, 2012 11:26:00 PM

It's a Vista problem. Go into Explorer, right-click the Primary drive - C: - then Properties, Security tab then Edit permissions then Allow All.
m
l
!