Plz help as manual is useless.

ghosty

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
Hi, I have a MSI P6N SLI v2 m/b, 2Gb cosair dd2 ram, x1 Ide harddrive (raid drives in mail from from buying over the net), 3gb DuelCore intel 775 chip, and a radeon HD 3870 x2 graphics card, Cosair 550w power supply.
I dont think i have the m/b set up right as Call of Duty 4 is laggin loads in sp and mp, ut3 didnt run well either. Plz explain the led's if poss cos i have a white one (it wasnt on till i took a power cable out then system ran worse) and one above g/c and two more at the bottom, and help would be appreciated as the manual is useless.

ghosty

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
led 1 says white , is within aceptable levels, it isnt on atm, unless i take the power lead out of socket next to it , but system runs worse with out it in, led 6 is on and is either red or orange i think its orange and so does a freind of mine, iam colour blind not ideal for this situation, led 2 is green, led 3 is same also orange or red (again think its orange same as a freind of mine).
As i say the system is running bad in call of duty4 the start screen is laggy, gets worse if u select "optimal system settings", the same applys to ut3 also, so there must be a problem somewere, or theres just not enough power going out.

ghosty

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
ok m8, i wont post here again if one ur gonna be patronising, i came to these boards for genuine help and all u have done is throw said help bk in my face, ill goto another place and ask for help seeing i aint gonna get any here.

ghosty

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
yes i have installed the latest drivers from nvidia, if i take the power lead out of jpw2 , p2-10 then the light is on, but the system runs worse, so plug'd bk in light is off and system runs a tad better. sorry for last post but i dont take being patrinised well when asking for help and get flamed instead.

Slappy_Slime

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2006
the LED's is a visual inspection to let you know if the system is working
just like the manual says>>>>>>>>>white is 12v at acceptable level. and green is your 5v and is at acceptable level.>>>>>>and so on and so forth. The different color LEDs are indicators. So if the red and/or green does not light up then you have a problem.....

.....Question, did load the mother board drivers, "all the required MB drivers"???

ghosty

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
iam going to try older m/b drivers and the omega drivers for graphics card. still think its power issue as g/c has to have 2 power leads to it .

ghosty

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
Cant belive u rude mofo, learn to get out more and make freinds instead of abuseing people for no apparent reason other than to make urself look better than said person. Comming here for any reasonable person i thought would be a good idea but only found a degenerate cockjocky that likes to flame people. Forget it and get laid cos u sound like u need too.

TRENDING THREADS