Gateway lx6810-01 wont let me recover from disc

smoredoggy01

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
Hello,
i have a gateway lx6810-01 and recently i was not allowed into my windows. so im trying to reformat using the disc. yes it is the original copy of recovery disk. i get to the vista screen with the install now ext. i click install now. next comes select the driver to be installed. i click scan then i get stuck. i can browse. when i browse i have the options of boot (x:) nothing else. and i have goon threw every file on that and nothing will allow me ot pass this step. please remeber i can not get into my computer at all. but whe it is turned on it reads my hard drive which is a sata and my dvd drive. any help would be great

Consider safe mode and Windows Restore to date when things worked.
But, I don't know what damage has been done with a partial recovery, ie what shape your OS is now in.

smoredoggy01

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
it doesnt have a partial its a solid drive.

a required cd/dvd drive device driver is missing if you have a floppy disk cd dvd or usb flash drive please insert now. note if the windows install media is in the cd/dvd drive you can safely remove it for this step.

thats all im getting.
for some reason when my computer boots up it reads my harddrive and cd drive but when i get to the windows install its not there for me to pick and pull files from

it doesnt have a partial its a solid drive. - I'm not referring to your drive. I am referring to the fact that you attempted a recovery, got stuck and it did not complete successfully. This usually leaves the boot member in a state where it is always looking to continue the recovery, instead of booting normally. Time to use the Windows DVD and startup repair, IMO.

smoredoggy01

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
Start up repair fails and askes if I want to send a report to micrososft which I did. Its not even failing to inatall step one is selecting to install second is finding drivers. I know that boot(x) is just the windows operation disc files. what im confused about is y my hard drive of cd drive show up in my boot sequence but not on the install. Im gonna put up a video or pitures to try and and make this a little easyer. Im not a dumd when it comes to computers im just not good with this raid garabage.