Avoid Circuit City's Shop By Phone Service Like The Plague

Last response: in Home Theatre
August 28, 2005 3:38:48 AM

They tried to bait and switch me.

I called to purchase the Sony 51" KP-51WS520...they offered me a 10% gift
card with the purchase. I said I needed to consider the offer, and I'd call
back. The rep said fine...or you can purchase it online. When I called back
they told me I'd have to purchase a 1500$ TV to get the gift card.
Basically, I got the run around and when I spoke to a supervisor, there was
so much static on the line that I had to hang up.

You would think that if Circuit City wants to save money by having people
purchase online or by telephone, they would hire people intelligent enough
to help. I'll take my money somewhere else.
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 7:47:20 AM

"Krisma" <krismaNOSPAM@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> They tried to bait and switch me.
>
> I called to purchase the Sony 51" KP-51WS520...they offered me a 10% gift
> card with the purchase. I said I needed to consider the offer,

Why did you need to consider the offer?

and I'd call
> back. The rep said fine...or you can purchase it online. When I called
> back they told me I'd have to purchase a 1500$ TV to get the gift card.
> Basically, I got the run around and when I spoke to a supervisor, there
> was so much static on the line that I had to hang up.
>
> You would think that if Circuit City wants to save money by having people
> purchase online or by telephone, they would hire people intelligent enough
> to help. I'll take my money somewhere else.

August 28, 2005 2:28:29 PM

Krisma wrote:
> They tried to bait and switch me.
>
> I called to purchase the Sony 51" KP-51WS520...they offered me a 10% gift
> card with the purchase. I said I needed to consider the offer, and I'd call
> back. The rep said fine...or you can purchase it online. When I called back
> they told me I'd have to purchase a 1500$ TV to get the gift card.
> Basically, I got the run around and when I spoke to a supervisor, there was
> so much static on the line that I had to hang up.
>
> You would think that if Circuit City wants to save money by having people
> purchase online or by telephone, they would hire people intelligent enough
> to help. I'll take my money somewhere else.

Obviously you did NOT call to purchase ..or you would have. You
delayed, you lost, get over it.
Circuit City thinks they should get customers intelligent enough to know
a good deal when they hear one.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 4:51:06 PM

Well then, don't tell me I can call back or get the same deal on the
internet.

Maybe also they shouldn't have call centers in India.

"Curmudgeon" <curmudgeon@buzzoff.net> wrote in message
> Krisma wrote:
>> They tried to bait and switch me.
>>
>> I called to purchase the Sony 51" KP-51WS520...they offered me a 10% gift
>> card with the purchase. I said I needed to consider the offer, and I'd
>> call back. The rep said fine...or you can purchase it online. When I
>> called back they told me I'd have to purchase a 1500$ TV to get the gift
>> card. Basically, I got the run around and when I spoke to a supervisor,
>> there was so much static on the line that I had to hang up.
>>
>> You would think that if Circuit City wants to save money by having people
>> purchase online or by telephone, they would hire people intelligent
>> enough to help. I'll take my money somewhere else.
> Obviously you did NOT call to purchase ..or you would have. You delayed,
> you lost, get over it.
> Circuit City thinks they should get customers intelligent enough to know a
> good deal when they hear one.
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 4:51:07 PM

In article <WXlQe.19295$1g2.5291@fe05.lga>,
"Krisma" <krismaNOSPAM@NOSPAM.com> wrote:

> Well then, don't tell me I can call back or get the same deal on the
> internet.

How long did you wait until you called back?

August 28, 2005 6:42:49 PM

Question? Have you physically gone to the local store and discussed the sale
price with either a Customer Service Representative or a Sales Manager? Or
are you just willing to do your sales only via the telephone? What the
question is, are you physically capable of actually inspecting the product,
or are you invalid and can not travel the distance to the store and actually
see the product before attempting to purchase it?
If there is a credible physical reason you can not actually go to the retail
centre? Then you should explain that fact to the person on the other end of
the phone conversation. Believe me, they do not know your personal situation
and may need to be properly informed. Ask for a sales person in the
television department or for a sales manager without getting fustrated with
the infrastructure. Otherwise, shop at another retailer and post your rants
about them also.
"Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message
> In article <WXlQe.19295$1g2.5291@fe05.lga>,
> "Krisma" <krismaNOSPAM@NOSPAM.com> wrote:
>
>> Well then, don't tell me I can call back or get the same deal on the
>> internet.
>
> How long did you wait until you called back?
>
> --
> Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Impeach the son of a Bush.
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 9:02:40 PM

> Well then, don't tell me I can call back or get the same deal on the
> internet.
>
> Maybe also they shouldn't have call centers in India.

Everyone has a call center in India.

Debbie Proctor
maraskywalker@earthlink.net
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 9:02:41 PM

Unfortunately, I used to work in a customer care call center not too long
ago (2 months)...a major cell phone carrier...they had no call centers in
India.

"Debbie Proctor" <maraskywalker@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> "Krisma" <krismaNOSPAM@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
>> Well then, don't tell me I can call back or get the same deal on the
>> internet.
>>
>> Maybe also they shouldn't have call centers in India.
>
> Everyone has a call center in India.
>
> Debbie Proctor
> maraskywalker@earthlink.net

Anonymous
August 29, 2005 12:13:57 AM

I was actually outside the store when I made the call. I wanted to know if
their 30 day price guarantee was valid for over the phone sales...that's
when they told me about the 10% gift card. I wanted to go into the store and
make sure they weren't offering it at a lower price than the internet.

Because sale prices always end on Sunday...I doubt that they would give me
that price in the store. I missed a sale price on another occassion and they
weren't willing to honor the sale price...which is fine.

I got an email back from Circuit City today, they said they'll contact me
with a resolution within 24 hours...we'll see...I mean I have the money in
my account...I'm not asking for credit...hopefully they'll honor good cust
service.

!