What is the vertical yellow line on my LCD screen ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

version

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2008
Hi,

I'm using Samsung 2232BW LCD Screen

Somtimes i saw vertical yellow line on middle of my screen suddenly. And then i'm aplying little litte bit force to screen's plastic surface ( top side ) or i'm turning left-side or right-side slowle and it gone now.

sometimes the color be magenta or white i saw white and magenta color only one time.. usually yellow line.

What is this ? and will able to it fix ?

version

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2008
yeah under warranty. but i really want to learn why when i touch screen it gone and then it's coming back =) and everytime i'm applying force different position =) too interesting..

thank you..

carp

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
I too have the vertical yellow line on a samsung t240, right in the center. I tapped the top of the monitor after seeing a post where someone said they were pressing on the monitor and tilting it. Sure enough the yellow line went away.

Why is there? I can only guess. Could be a bad solder connection or a bad connection on some internal cable. It could be a bad IC which functions as the controller to each pixel, but when you press on the monitor to fix it, that suggests it is a physical connection issue. It appears a whole column is not set correctly, so that will mean something to the designers.

I am going to rma this one. Samsung sent me a replacement on another monitor that failed before. This T240 is only 3.5 months old. Starting to wonder if samsung has found the limit in engineering a product for the least amount of cost!

naomirose

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2009
Ive got a Yellow Line on my LCD Asus VK266H on the right. Last week it appears in few minutes(10-15mins) then just it gone. But now looks like to stayed with me in 5 hours more.

Anybody here know how to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.