What's the Most Reliable & Compatible Blu Ray Burner?

connect4

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
I have used DVD burners for years, and I'm looking to upgrade to Blu-Ray.
25 Gb's is much more appealing than 4.7Gb.

I am new to Blu Ray media, and I was wondering if anyone knows which Brand / Model of Blu-Ray are the most reliable / compatible.

Reliability: the burner itself and the blu rays media it creates are very stable.
Compatibility:the burner will work with most brands of blank blu ray media and that it is can play on most Blu Ray Players.

Please share your posts if you know a brand / model that has those two qualities.

Also, if anyone has links of comparison reviews please also share those links: Ex: "Round up of the best blu-ray players on the market in 2009!"

rockyjohn

Distinguished

It would have been nice if you had started with more than one un-linked example. Perhaps you could have googled and found a list - then asked of others had suggestion for other reviews or personal experience. I will add one review from google - but I am not about to do all your work for you.

http://compreviews.about.com/od/cddvd/tp/BlurayDrives.htm

Sean John

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Don't know if this helps, but...

...I'm using a DIGISTOR external Blu-Ray burner (tray load).

This one here:
http://www.digistor.com/Digistor-External-Blu-ray-Burner-USB-2-0-Tray-Load

I went external for flexibility, being able to bring the drive to almost any system I use. It's compatible to PC, and has no problems with Mac systems as well.

It plays all the Blu-ray media types I've fed it so far, and not a single bad burn for over a year now that I've owned it.

leon2006

Distinguished
I use LG since 2007(refer to my configuration). I use branded BD disk media as backup storage for my drive images files. I also burned HD movies on BD disc. No failures on the burner or media to date.

US known brand disc. It is expensive but reliable.

LG has work great for me since 2007. I can't comment on the other brand.