psu to power hd 4870 for as little as possible

yman

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
hi I've being do a bit research and got a bad head, i'm looking to buy the new hd 4870 and need a new case and psu, the case i'm after is the coolermster elite 330 and a hiper 580w (HPU-4M580) psu, planning to buy all 3 items from ebuyer.com.

first off, is the manufacture hiper any good for psu and should it be avoided?

if there ok, will it be able to power my whole system, the psu has been certified by ati website and the 4870 needs min of 500w or greater, my system consists of:
E6750
1x sata dvd drive
card reader
1x sata 320gb HD
2x fans
micro atx motherboard foxconn (G33M02)

its all came from a dell vostro 200 silm tower which i didn't realize it took stupid half height graphics cards, who on earth has heard of half height cards, stupid dell.

if the hiper 580w is no good or its either not powerful enough which psu would you recommend to power the hd 4870 with the specs of my pc?

i have not got much money, the 4870 is gonna cost me £180 unless you no were to get one cheaper and
cm elite 330=£26
hiper 580w =£39
jesus thats just under £250, so fingers crossed you give me a thumbs up on the 3 items listed, but if i need a better psu so be it al just have to take out another mortgage

The motherboard from your Dell is not a standard micro ATX unit , it's an attempt at BTX.
When you try to install it in the case you have chosen,you're going to realize that it's upside down.

yman

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
thanks for your help guys.
so does that mean i can actually use 300w-400w psu for the 4870 and my system specs? the less money i spending the better or would you just use the OCZ 500w minimum

and for this BTX issue your making me panic, so the case i should be looking for is a micro BTX case and a ATX case is ponitless? the motherboard ive got is 9 inch by 9 inch

what advice would you give me to help me look for a cheap, good looking, quality case that will fit this foxconn motherboard correctly