Q9450 and Asus P5k Premium

daemos

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
Ok so i've had my computer since August 2008 and i have it now overclocked to 3328.5 MHz vcore 1.2625 in bios, prime stable for about an hour. I am satisfied with the core speed but im wondering with a little fine tuning of the other voltages and settings in the bios could i obtain the same speed but on a lower voltage as i have seen others do with the same processor but different motherboards or is it my motherboard? Here are my system specs and settings i have in my bios. Alot of them are on auto because when i went to try and tweek them i either could remain in windows for very long or it wouldn't pass prime small FFT's. I've read lots of articles on overclocking but im still not sure where to set most voltages aside from the CPU and Ram.

Asus p5k premium
Intel q9450 stock 2.66GHz overclocked to 3.33GHz
G-Skill 4GB 2x2GB DDR2 1000
Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
Gigabyte HD 4850
Corsair 620HX 620W
2 500GB SATA hard drives

Settings in Bios:
CPU Ratio:8
FSB Strap to NB: Auto
FSB Frequency: 415
PCIE Frequency: Auto
DRAM Drequency: DDR2-997MHz
DRAM Command Rate:Auto
DRAM Timing: Auto (5-5-5-15-3-52-6-3-3)
DRAM Static Read Control: Auto
Transaction Booster: Auto
CPU Voltage:1.2625v
CPU PLL Voltage:Auto
FSB Termination Voltage:Auto
DRAM Voltage:Auto
NB Voltage:Auto
SB Voltage:Auto
Clock Over-charging Voltage:auto
Load-line Calibration: Enabled
CPU GTL Voltage Reference: 0.61x
NB GTL Voltage Reference: 0.67x
CPU and PCIE Spread Spectrum: Disabled

C1E : Diabled
Max CPU/D Value limit: Disabled
Vanderpool:Enabled
CPU TM Function : Disabled
Execute Disable Bit: Enabled

Should i just be satisfied with my overclock since it is stable and my idle temp is around 28C and Load in Prime is 48-50C Or do you guys think i can get my Vcore down even lower as i've seen others do? And if so could you please recommened some settings. Thanks