Sign in with
Your question

Low 3dmark Scores

Last response: in CPUs
July 6, 2008 8:34:44 PM

I recently reformatted my computer, installed all the drivers and everything. Everything looked good.

I started playing some games, Call of Duty, Team Fortress and my FPS was way down from what I remembered so I installed 3dmark Advantage.

I have a 8800gts, q6600, 2gb RAM and yet im getting a combined score of about 3000. My video card gets about 3000 and my CPU is getting in the low 2000s. Compared to other people's scores, this is VERY low and very odd.

Nothing is overheating, no viruses or spyware slowing the computer down. Its just been reformatted

I tried installing several different drivers 175.19, 175.16 and some of the older ones and none of them work any better.

This is all pretty odd, any suggestions?

More about : low 3dmark scores

a b à CPUs
July 6, 2008 9:08:50 PM

how about 3dmark 06?
vantage is so new....
July 6, 2008 9:10:48 PM

I have a similar system. This is what I got for 8800gts and q6600 on 3dmark06, for reference:

Related resources
July 6, 2008 9:22:46 PM

You have about 5 times my score lol. Its 06 but it shouldn't be quadroupling my score.

It's not just 3dmark vantage though, its in games as well. TF2 should not lag on a system like that, on full settings or lowest settings.
July 6, 2008 9:29:46 PM

I haven't run prime95 but I've run some other stress tests. So far there doesn't seem to be any problems with stability. Games and programs don't really crash, I haven't gotten blue screens . Everything esspcially games just runs slow
July 7, 2008 6:19:23 AM

I would try updating your bios if its not on the newest version, also go to your mobo's website and reinstall drivers like the chipset & lan, just to be safe.

Also can you post some more info

What is your: (please note any overclocking)

FSB: (in mhz)
CPU: (in mhz)
CPU multiplier:
Ram: (in mhz)
FSB-RAM ratio:

avg idle temps for:
CPU(any core)
GPU:
any additional ambient temp sensors:

Could be a bios configuration problem.

Also check for things in your bios that can slow your CPU if it gets hot. It may be overheating and consequentially slowing down (so you dont crash) but you loose performance.
!