Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

9800GTX for $219.99 after MIR at Newegg

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 15, 2008 7:02:03 AM

and a non good name brand. lol if it was BFG or Evga then nice :)  sorry XFX is allright but my buddie had issuies with them.
June 15, 2008 7:21:00 AM

xfx is best
Related resources
June 15, 2008 7:26:03 AM

Still, the brand is really just a distributor of the card. The card itself and made and manufactured by Nvidia (or TSMC, I forget which exactly). So yeah, you might not get much in terms of warranty, OC'ing or anything like that, but theoretically you should still get a working and reliable card.
a b U Graphics card
June 15, 2008 8:12:26 AM

TSMC doesnt make cards, they make the chips. We are all going to see price cuts coming across the board, Id advise everyone looking to wait until the new cards are released, so they have better options as well as prices, so hold off for a few more days
June 15, 2008 11:40:59 AM

GX2 for 300$ rumours:D  finally might be worth it:D 
June 15, 2008 1:18:10 PM

I wouldn't trust a rebate, especially when its for that much.
June 15, 2008 1:50:58 PM

I never had problems with rebates....:S
June 15, 2008 2:24:36 PM

XFX offers Double Lifetime warranty that is pretty good in my book. I have 2 8800 GT's from them and they work great they are the XXX edition and if I decide to sell them the next person still gets a lifetime warranty on them as well, I think that is probably one of the best warranties out there.
June 15, 2008 2:34:07 PM

jmods said:
XFX offers Double Lifetime warranty that is pretty good in my book. I have 2 8800 GT's from them and they work great they are the XXX edition and if I decide to sell them the next person still gets a lifetime warranty on them as well, I think that is probably one of the best warranties out there.

What exactly is a "double lifetime" warranty? Will you even keep it for a single lifetime? Graphics cards move fast. 3 year warranty is more than enough, as it'll be obsolete long before then.
June 15, 2008 2:48:22 PM

dagger said:
What exactly is a "double lifetime" warranty? Will you even keep it for a single lifetime? Graphics cards move fast. 3 year warranty is more than enough, as it'll be obsolete long before then.
Double lifetime warranties allows you to sell it to someone else and they receive the warranty. If I were to buy a used graphics card, even if the owner has only had it for less than a year, I would surely pick XFX over the other brands.

June 15, 2008 2:55:22 PM

Asian PingPong said:
Double lifetime warranties allows you to sell it to someone else and they receive the warranty. If I were to buy a used graphics card, even if the owner has only had it for less than a year, I would surely pick XFX over the other brands.

Lol, how is it good for you though? Prices drop so quickly you won't sell it for much anyway. If it's you buying a secondhand card, how much extra would you be willing to pay over secondhand warranty? :p 
!