test2k9

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
Hi, today I turned on the pc and received a message "Reboot and select proper boot device" on the screen. It said my RAID 0 error.

How do I fix it? or Can you show me how to boot properly like normal? I'm just noob in PC, please help!

Thank you

Did someone set up the RAID 0 for you? If so, I'd refer this question back to him.

If you set it up yourself, then you probably need to go into the RAID BIOS and see if there's any way to re-enable the failed drive. If not, you're data is probably gone and you'll have to get a new drive and start over again from scratch.

RAID 0 performs better but has no redundancy and is less reliable than a single drive. A drive failure means you loose all your data.

test2k9

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
Thanks for your reply! Yes someone build for me. Unfortunately I don't know whom since it is a custom build rig.

How do I get to Bio Setting? I have Window Vista. I was able to get to Intel Matrix page, if I delete the Raid 0, will it able to boot up again?

Also, I really don't mind losing all my data. I just want my PC to boot to window like normally.

When you said to get a new drive? Do you mean to buy a new HD? I have SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD.

Thanks for helping.

aberchonbie

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2008
if just one of the two hd's fail in a RAID 0 array, you lose ALL your data..

to fix this, you should find another hard drive of similar specs if not the same hd to recreate a raid array..

i have 2x 250gb in raid 0 with a 1tb hd for backup/storage.. since i know that if i lose 1 hd in the raid, ill lose all my data, i backup anything i need from the raid onto my slave..

not sure if you have to delete your current broken raid array before you recreate another one.. but you would have to "create" the raid array before you can use raid again..

maybe you might want to look into more backup solutions or consider not using raid if you dont care.. just an opinion