Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Cd/dvd driver missing while installing vista.

Tags:
  • Drivers
  • Computers
  • CD-Rom
  • Windows Vista
Last response: in Windows Vista
December 1, 2012 1:38:46 PM

Hello,

A few days ago, I tried to turn on my computer and got black screen/blinking cursor. Did some reading on here and changed my Raid Array to striped and copied an ISO of Vista onto a CD. (cuz gateway is lame and provides no disks). Now, I can get to windows install screen, but then I am told the cd/dvd driver is missing. I have downloaded the motherboard/chipset onto a USB and it's not recognizing drivers on it. I am at a loss. How can I recover this computer? I have a Gateway Lx6810-01. Any help would be really appreciated. I am totally missing Guild Wars 2!! lol

More about : dvd driver missing installing vista

Best solution

a b \ Driver
December 1, 2012 3:44:54 PM

alustriel73 said:
Hello,

A few days ago, I tried to turn on my computer and got black screen/blinking cursor. Did some reading on here and changed my Raid Array to striped and copied an ISO of Vista onto a CD. (cuz gateway is lame and provides no disks). Now, I can get to windows install screen, but then I am told the cd/dvd driver is missing. I have downloaded the motherboard/chipset onto a USB and it's not recognizing drivers on it. I am at a loss. How can I recover this computer? I have a Gateway Lx6810-01. Any help would be really appreciated. I am totally missing Guild Wars 2!! lol

Put the ISO/Vista on USB if you can boot from it. or try the FIXIT.
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/hardware_device_probl...
December 11, 2012 9:05:34 PM

Best answer selected by alustriel73.
m
l
Related resources
!