case needed with good cable management and space for water cooling

mlj

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
Hi all,

i am looking for a a good case with good cable management and space for water cooling later on. i stupidly got a jeantech case from PC WORLD because it looked good, once home realised it had sharp edges to cut both me and cables, poor airflow even with numorus fans and genral poor build quality.

well as i said i am looking for new one now with good cable management and the posibility of water cooling later on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

galta

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2008
So you live in UK...
I'm not famliar with prices there, but assuming 2US$/£ and newegg prices, my suggestions are:

1 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163073
This is the most expensive, but the best. Big, full of features and ready for WC. In the US it costs $299. There used to be a model with no transparent side panel (who needs it?) where you could save some $20. If you find it, go for it.

2 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119150
Also very good, and also cheaper. $229 after rebate, great cable management and ready wor WC as well.

mlj

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
could anyone tell me if the Antec 1200 or Thermaltake Armor would be a good buy before i get the silverstone

njalterio

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
I don't do any water cooling, but I can say though that the Thermaltake Armor is a pretty big case. I have one for my current rig and I have not had any space issues. I am sure you could set up a comprehensive water cooling system with it.

Turas

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2007
I also have the Thermaltake Armor. It is huge. It has lots of space. The PSU was a real pain to get in though. It looks like they have slightly redesigned them though and it seems to be better. I am running an external water cooling on mine using a Reserator XT and using the pre made holes for the tubes. I love the air filters on the front as My office is also the laundry room and that lint plays havoc. I removed the big fan from the side panel of the armor and close it up so that the only air would come in through the front vents which have the filters. I love the small drawer in it also is it holds my screws and stuff. It holds E-ATX MB's so it works for the XEON motherboards.

Probably the only thing I can really complain about it the tigh fitting psu chamber mine has and there is no cable management. It is also HEAVY.

Granite3

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
I am using the Antec P-180 case, with 2x 120 mm rads IN the case, pump in the bottom, bay res, and it is whisper quiet.

Fairly cheap too, around $100-120 US.

Added a third 120 rad to the top to cool my Q9450, and 2x 8800 GTX's. Cpu stays mid 40's load, and gpu's stay mid 50's.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I am running a Gigabyte Aurora with WC. The 2x120 mounts directly to the back of the 2x120's. I recently added a big passive radiator to the side as well. It's pretty big inside, and there is room for a bay res and pump as long as you don't run SLI or Crossfire....or get one of those little pumps. I cut out my HDD bays to mount my pump there...and put my drives in a bay cooler mount.

mlj

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
thanx for every bodys help on this, befor i go and buy one of them is there anyone with a Antec 1200 and can tell me how much room there is between the mobo tray and side of the case

mlj

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
if i get a Antec p-182, updated version of the p-180, i think i could mount 2 120mm radiators at the back and top, right? providing i am right so far would this cool the coolent well enoughf to cool my rig.
Q9450
9600 GSO
VRMS's
NB and SB

plus anythink else you recomend cooling

thanx

halcyon

Splendid

I use the Lian-Li A70 myself, great case, lots of room. However, it is expensive. It like someone saying "Can you recommend me a good car?" and us replying "Yes, get a Mercedes E400".

mlj

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
thanx for all your help, i have decided to with Antec p-182 as i really like the look of it and has space for 3 120x120mm radiators.