Fps super low after power supply died

iceman0918

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
I moved into my new house over the weekend, set up my computer desk, wired my computer and hit the power button. There was a loud audible pop and spark and my system was dead. I took the box apart, checked the connections around the power button, looked for any scorch marks or damage that was visible on the mainboard. I reset the cmos jumper on the board. Then I went out and bought a new 550 watt power supply (same wattage I had before) and my system is back operational again. However my fps has gone down big time.

I used to average around 30 fps in World of Warcraft in a heavy city zone, now I'm at about 14, in raid last night I would hover at about 16 and down to 7 or 8 in heavy fights.

Running Abit Fatality AN9 32x motherboard, 2 gig of ram, Nvidia 7800GT graphics board, with AMD dual core processor.

The system has been rock steady for a long while. I did move, and have a new isp, but my latency never spiked higher then 200 last night.

This is the power supply I bought as a replacement...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8763457&type=product&id=1203815240920

mlj

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
defernately not going to be a power supply issue, only possibility from what you have said could be internet connection.

do you play any offline games that you have frame rates for before you moved, if so test those games again now and see what you get