Problems with last weeks critical updates.

August 15, 2005 7:45:22 PM

Last week I installed the critical patches to XP Pro. These patches
appear to be causing me some problems.
1) Both my CD-RW drives could not be written to by Roxio but could be
written to by native XP. A Roxio use posted a fix that include
deleting a registry key and downloading a tool for rebuilding the key.

2) Logging off takes almost twice a long.

3) Restarting about half the time never reaches the Welcome screen. It
just hangs on a blank screen. Pushing the button is necessary.

Anyone else seen this type of behavior?

Brian
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 9:04:20 PM

Not with my Roxio, but I did have Publisher ask to reinstall itself (or part
of itself) upon start up yesterday...no other problems found.

"bxb7668" <bxb7668@somewhere.nocom> wrote in message
> Last week I installed the critical patches to XP Pro. These patches
> appear to be causing me some problems.
> 1) Both my CD-RW drives could not be written to by Roxio but could be
> written to by native XP. A Roxio use posted a fix that include
> deleting a registry key and downloading a tool for rebuilding the key.
>
> 2) Logging off takes almost twice a long.
>
> 3) Restarting about half the time never reaches the Welcome screen. It
> just hangs on a blank screen. Pushing the button is necessary.
>
> Anyone else seen this type of behavior?
>
> Brian

August 15, 2005 10:48:49 PM

Hi Brian,
If it was me I would uninstall the lastest updates then reinstall them one
at a time with at least a day inbetween each one until you find the one that
is causing this.

--
Mike Pawlak

bxb7668 wrote:
> Last week I installed the critical patches to XP Pro. These patches
> appear to be causing me some problems.
> 1) Both my CD-RW drives could not be written to by Roxio but could be
> written to by native XP. A Roxio use posted a fix that include
> deleting a registry key and downloading a tool for rebuilding the key.
>
> 2) Logging off takes almost twice a long.
>
> 3) Restarting about half the time never reaches the Welcome screen. It
> just hangs on a blank screen. Pushing the button is necessary.
>
> Anyone else seen this type of behavior?
>
> Brian
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 3:39:36 PM